Steve & Tammy Camara

Default Re: Kenny/Forrest Simply Auction One - Albino White Butterfly

$397

Registered Member

Real Name
    Larry

Thanks for your support Snow you are the winner of this auction you will receive a pm soon!
    Larry
    Proud member of the SDT Crew Florida
    Great ways to donate to SimplyDiscus and Fund Raisers !!!
    http://www.cafepress.com/simply_discus
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/bppl_donate.php
    http://aquaticsuppliers.com/Freeze-dried-foods_c2.htm

Registered Member

I love supporting this group and knowing that Kenny & Forrest are great sponsors of healthy fish

Real Name
    Nathan P.

Congrats!!! Beautiful fish!!

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Kenny's Discus's Avatar

Congrats Tammy for your winning bid and also a huge THANK YOU to everyone who participated in these auctions once again!

Kenny
    Tel: (650) 290-1283
    Email: kennysdiscus@gmail.com
    To receive future monthly shipment notifications click here: http://eepurl.com/bBqhK5

Congratulations Tammy! Those discus are some beauties!

Ardan

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve & Tammy Camara

CONFUSED....... Did Snow win? Or did we win? Snow's bid came in after it turned 10pm. Is Snow's name Tammy too? Kenny ???

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve & Tammy Camara

Quote Originally Posted by Steve&Tammy View Post
    CONFUSED....... Did Snow win? Or did we win? Snow's bid came in after it turned 10pm. Is Snow's name Tammy too? Kenny ???
    Not trying to start a war here but when an auction ends at 10pm- if you bid once the clock turns 10pm - you are too late......

Got this info from major sites including ebay.

Also as seen on Large collector's site: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.b2k&cad=rja

Auction ends at Sunday 10 PM EST exactly -- only bids timestamped up to 9:59 PM will be accepted. Bids at 10 PM will not be accepted.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Yes Snow won and her name is Tammy also. If you look at post #18 you will see the time stamp on that post is exactly 10:00pm. I always use the time maintained by the forum because it is the only time common to all members. Your last bid was timestamped at 9:57pm in post #17. Sorry if that is confusing but the only way to remain fair.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve & Tammy Camara

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Yes Snow won and her name is Tammy also. If you look at post #18 you will see the time stamp on that post is exactly 10:00pm. I always use the time maintained by the forum because it is the only time common to all members. Your last bid was timestamped at 9:57pm in post #17. Sorry if that is confusing but the only way to remain fair.
    The time maintained on the forum is not the issue. The issue is any auction site sets a time for the auction to end. If that time is 10pm once the clock turns 10pm you can no longer bid. If the clock is at 9:59:59 you win if it is 10pm you are too late. Sorry but accepting bids time stamped 10pm is NOT fair....plus Snow did this on 2 of these auctions. Have to respectfully disagree on this one.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I understand Steve&Tammy but I did confer with Al on this and he agrees with the way the auctions were run. If you still have issue with this please feel free to contact Al. I will be more precise in the auction wording next time so everything is clear.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

The time maintained on the forum is not the issue. The issue is any auction site sets a time for the auction to end. If that time is 10pm once the clock turns 10pm you can no longer bid. If the clock is at 9:59:59 you win if it is 10pm you are too late. Sorry but accepting bids time stamped 10pm is NOT fair....plus Snow did this on 2 of these auctions. Have to respectfully disagree on this one.

Steve&Tammy,
    I understand your frustration at not winning here and I appreciate your support of the auction and the forum in this matter, However.. The auction was set to close at 10 pm.. and the winning bid came in at 10 pm exactly. We are not going to split hairs over a difference of a few seconds. This is not ebay or an auction site., its a fish forum and the auction here was not something that anyone paid to participate in.... it was something to raise funds for the forum. I hope you can accept our position, but If you wish to disagree, I can respect that as well.

Normally when we have an auction this is never an issue, but this time the bidding was close and we made an executive decision as is our right in anything that is on SimplyDiscus. If I had a second set of fish to award you, I would, but unfortunately we do not have that luxury. Future auctions will be more precise in their rules so that we do not disappoint anyone again like this.

But as for this Auction...I am sorry... we are accepting 10 pm as the end point and the winning bid came in at 10 pm....its close enough for a website that normally talks fish.

thanks,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

I've attended a church auction with professional auctioneers that stated up front that since the auction was for a church if they missed seeing a bid or the like that they would error on the side of the church. There were hundreds of people sitting on the gym bleachers and I was right square in front of the auctioneer. Two people at opposite ends of the bleachers were the last bidding on an item that I wanted for my son-in-law. When one dropped out, I immediately raised my number card high in the air. Because the auctioning team was focused on the two guys on the end they never saw me with my number raised right in front of them. Immediately after they called sold I was seen, and they re-explained what they said at the start and the auction was re-opened without any other bids being entered after mine. I don't know if the other bidder had reached his limit or was PO'd, but I won the item. My only point is though I well understand Tammy being ticked. when auctions are being done for something like this it's not uncommon to error on the side of the forum.
    President - North American Discus Association

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast