AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Anyone keep Chickens?

Default Re: Anyone keep Chickens?

I'm into Bielefelders these days. They are bred to do well in a free range setting and are they ever. My guys won't roost in the nice chicken house I built for them. They roost in a tree. They even taught my single Lavender Oprington pullet to roost in a tree!!!

I'm very pleased with the Bielefelders, but they are still considered to be a rare breed in this country. Rare breeds, especially those that breed true, sometimes come with genetic problems. In this case it's tail conformation. Out of 16 5 month old Bielefelder pullets I have just 1 with a perfect tail. My worst tail is a pullet with a down tail. Of all the nice things I could be watching when I go out to give the girls their daily treat of scratch and meal worms all I can focus on are tails. Normal people would never even notice the faults or if they did notice, they wouldn't think it was a big deal. Something is screwy in my head.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Fritz

These are the Fuzzybutt brothers. Thought they were Mr & Mrs Fuzzybutt but alas the black one is trying to crow. White one has been for awhile. Very gentle free range grass hopper killers.

Mr Fuzzybutt.jpg20200830_165020.jpg
    Last edited by famtsberg; 08-31-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Real Name
    Fritz

Bob the Americana Rooster. My wife gives him a bath in the shower and blow drys him.. LOL

Bob.jpg

Grumpy the Americana Rooster doesn't like showers but gets them anyways. lol

Grumpy.jpg

Daisy And Petunia duck. Ancona ducks. really fun butt wigglers.

Daisy Duck.jpgPetunia Duck.jpg
    The secret to learning how to fly is this, you must throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Do wild chickens count?

Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617