AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our first batch of fry from our Stendker Pigeon Blues

Registered Members

Default Re: Our first batch of fry from our Stendker Pigeon Blues

wow amazing I'm a bite disappointment with myself as I have fry's 14 day's old and they are know where nesr the size of your's and I am doing water changes 75% daily and sometimes twice daily guess i'll have too feed more

Update:3weeks old Friday

Terri

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Looks like you are doing a good job.

Congrats.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Thanks John that means a lot coming from you . They are a lot of fun to watch grow it seem they grow by the day we tried to count and lost count at 180 lol they are all doing really well )
    Terri

Update: they are doing well and growing

Terri

Wow they are amazing and growing beautifully! Rufus

Thanks Rufus they sure are all they do is eat and poop lolololol
    Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Tvd/Tlc View Post
    Thanks Rufus they sure are all they do is eat and poop lolololol
    TVD?TLc, just like us!!! LOL! Except we grow outward and they grow up! Congratulations. Someday I hope that I will be able to do the same thing. You've waited for a while. I'm happy for you and keep us updated as they continue to grow. Rufus

Lol Rufus you are so right lol it will happen for you in time just like it did for us we pretty much stopped getting excited every time we got eggs cause they ate them every time and that's when it happened for us so it's true what everyone says on here just patiences and let nature do it's thing and it happens good luck you have such beautiful fish! And in case you didn't know both of our names are Terry lol
    Terri

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve & Tammy Camara

Question? Our Penang Eruptions have spawned three times (first spawn had about 70 babies- determined we were not doing enough water changes and lost them all after about 6 weeks)

Second spawn - fry never attached - kept swimming along the bottom.

Third spawn - same thing.

All the has changed is Steve added a (dark) background to 3 sides of tank - CAN THIS BE THE CAUSE OF NO ATTACHMENT? First spawn had NO background on tank and off-white walls.

Should I have him take the background off for next spawn?

Thanks!!

That is a great start! You will worry each day and marvel each day.
    Dick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, I know very little about spawning but from everything I have read here at Simply fry are attracted to dark colors. That could be the source of the trouble for the fry not attaching. White or light blue or beige are the suggested colors for the sides, back and bottom of a breeding tank. One of the issues with white based fish such as light albinos, snow whites and others is that fry will be attracted to darker colors. Penangs are dark enough surely but only if they can be seen darker by the fry compared to the background. I'm sure people who are breeding will give you a more detailed explanation. Good luck with your next batch of wrigglers. Rufus

Quote Originally Posted by Tvd/Tlc View Post
    Lol Rufus you are so right lol it will happen for you in time just like it did for us we pretty much stopped getting excited every time we got eggs cause they ate them every time and that's when it happened for us so it's true what everyone says on here just patiences and let nature do it's thing and it happens good luck you have such beautiful fish! And in case you didn't know both of our names are Terry lol
    Terry and Terry, It has happened for me but the wrigglers disappeared. I don't get excited with a spawning anymore because I know they have to practice. I have a pair of Albino Golden Melons who have just spawned again but I expect little from the process. They are both young. I even had my Rose Reds that are still only four or four and half inches spawn last week but little came of it. I don't mind watching them practice. It gives me more time to prepare. Take care your'e doing a great job. Where are you going to put 180 or more fry when they get bigger and have you figured out if you have to cull any at this point? Rufus

Hi there I am no expert at the entire discus raising lol I am still pretty new between this form and my boyfriend Terry who has had fish pretty much his entire life I am still learning. I don't do a lot of the work Terry does I watch a lot lol I just don't want to screw anything up so to answer ur questions to the best of what I know our pair have spawned a dozen or more times before we got this batch and they are just over 3 weeks old now. we had abit trouble so we thought with attachment but turns out they all attached after a day or so I guess I was just abit of a worry wart Terry keep telling me that its up to the parents now not much we can do. all of our tanks are white backgrounds and I know the fry attach to dark things so having the dark background is not a great idea and we lowered our water to the top of the parents which also helped and took the cone out cause it seemed the parent kept trying to put them back on there so I hope this helped abit I am sure if some of the other members on here who know a lot more then me reads this they will be able to help more then me lol I always read a lot on here and find a lot of helpful threads good luck Tammy and Steve keep us updated and post pics which help too take care )
    Terri

oh and I forgot to say we do a 95% water change everyday no matter what and I think we will be moving them to a bigger tank next week cause 180+ babies its getting abit crowded in a 29 gal
    Terri

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast