ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Tankmates?

Real Name
    Austin

Default Tankmates?

Hello,
    Whats a nice type of cat fish that "cleans" the tank and dosnot grow to big? Would having clown loaches work? And whats some other types of fish that will not be a problom I was also thinking a rummy nose tetras or neons or both what ever works better. Thank you

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Steve

Default Re: Tankmates?

Corydoras are suitable. I would choose cardinals over neons as they handle the temperature better. I would read through the tank mates section as there is lots of posts on this already

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Corey

Sterabi cories.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jose Morales

Basically all Corys do well, if you have smooth substrate. If you want a nice shaoling effect on your tank I will suggest you buy Cardinals, rummy nose tetras school very nice too, although Cardinals are more hardy.

Registered Member

Serbia Cory do well with hot temp. You can get them from Petmart. Do not buy neon they can't handle hot water. Cardinal and rummynose do a much better job.

Registered Member

Sterbai cory... hate the auto correct on my phone

Registered Member

I have recently come to prefer S. Jurapuri (Formally Geophagus). They really turn over the gravel and eat all the food. They do grow large however and they are agressive eaters so just add some extra food! I also like Clown Loaches. They grow big too but are very pretty. They are not as good at cleaning the bottom as the Jurapuri. If you have a bare bottom tank I do not know how good those two will be but Clown Loaches definetely need several hiding places like rock caves or large driftwoods.
    Last edited by Elliots; 07-26-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Real Name
    Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Elliots View Post
    I have recently come to prefer S. Jurapuri (Formally Geophagus). They really turn over the gravel and eat all the food. They do grow large however and they are agressive eaters so just add some extra food! I also like Clown Loaches. They grow big too but are very pretty. They are not as good at cleaning the bottom as the Jurapuri. If you have a bare bottom tank I do not know how good those two will be but Clown Loaches definetely need several hiding places like rock caves or large driftwoods.
    hey elliot the tank will be planted and about 510L the loaches grow slow so thats why im considering them ill look up on the jurapuri

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    you can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.