ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Mardel Labs. OUT of the Med. Business. Any Alternatives?

Default Mardel Labs. OUT of the Med. Business. Any Alternatives?

Just found out that Mardel Labs. is still around but no longer producing meds. such as Maracyn 2 or Clout. Does anyone have a good alternative. Maracyn 2 especially was a good one.

Default Re: Mardel Labs. OUT of the Med. Business. Any Alternatives?

From memory Maracyn 2 was minocycline, something like oxytetracycline would be an alternative. Never got clout over here as it contains an organophosphate (they are banned here). I guess I'd use PP or F&MG or maybe chloramine-t.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Antibiotics are getting harder to get as the overuse has contributed to resistant bacteria.....
    we may have to start using the old fashioned dyes like methylene blue and malachite green for external infections. Internal infections are going to be real hard to treat.
    this is my favorite for internal bacterial infections
    http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=24795

Ardan

I also use Kanamycin Sulfate and bought about 6 of these Seachem containers and combined them, I think it was cheaper than looking for bulk. It's a good effective antibiotic and seems especially good for internal infections.

Registered Member Inland Empire Discus's Avatar

Fucin Works really well on both internal and external gram + and gram - bacterial infections. I know it is not the cheapest but in my opinion it works better than most out there since nothing has built a resistance to it.
    Bill

Real Name
    Rick

I also use Kanamycin Sulfate and bought about 6 of these Seachem containers and combined them, I think it was cheaper than looking for bulk. It's a good effective antibiotic and seems especially good for internal infections.

kanaplex 5 grams- 6 bucks for only 40% kanamycin sulfate and 60% inert ingredients

equals $3.00 a gram

http://www.angelsplus.com/MedsAntibiotic.htm

100 % pure kanamycin sulfate 100 grams for $69.75

roughly 70 cents a gram

Need to re-check your math

Last I checked, seachem had you under-dosing their product (kanaplex) as well.

-Rick
    Last edited by nc0gnet0; 08-13-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Rick

oops double post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Inland Empire Discus View Post
    Fucin Works really well on both internal and external gram + and gram - bacterial infections. I know it is not the cheapest but in my opinion it works better than most out there since nothing has built a resistance to it.
    Fucin is a combination of three different anti-biotics in which Andrew refuses to tell you what is in the product. He is on record as stating that it contains an aminoglycoside, a bacteriostatic, and a bacteriocidal. I believe that it is kanamycin, Nitrofurazone and Bifuran. You can essentially make your own "fucin" for well under the cost.

Not saying it doesn't work, but I like to know what is in the product before I use it.
    Last edited by nc0gnet0; 08-13-2014 at 01:46 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Members

btw in the us, it's almost simply too get any antibiotic I have quantity of 500 date 2019 of doxocyline, also 50, 75, 100 mg of minocycline since it's bot a controlled substance most pharmacy if one know's 1 would dispense, as 100 mg of minocycline foes for a quarter which is a 100 gallon dose unless you count the loading dose day 1 as for as nitrofunin that is the cheapest of them all I've never used any but have many on my self for peace of mind heck if anyone lived local I'd give them 100 doxocyline 100 mg which isn't quite as good as mino, but def very close or would get them within 24 hr minocycline if needed don't sure why these would be hard too get but the only very exsp one us metro which kenfish has dirt cheap today I placed a order with ken and he was out of safe the 250, as well as 1 kilo I had too order the prime

Real Name
    Rick

Not a big fan of the cycline family of meds, most are rendered ineffective in a bath as they bind with calcium. Secondly, you would need to make sure that the med was of the aquatic nature (easily dissolved in water). Also, a few of the cyclines, minocyline in particular, are VERY hard on the kidneys, use with caution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member Inland Empire Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    Fucin is a combination of three different anti-biotics in which Andrew refuses to tell you what is in the product. He is on record as stating that it contains an aminoglycoside, a bacteriostatic, and a bacteriocidal. I believe that it is kanamycin, Nitrofurazone and Bifuran. You can essentially make your own "fucin" for well under the cost.

Not saying it doesn't work, but I like to know what is in the product before I use it.
    I know what you are saying Rick. I wish I new what was in it also, but since it works so well I continue to use and sell it.
    The main reason I recommend it is that people do not have to have a bunch of different bacterial medications on hand as this covers ALMOST all bacterial infections out there. Also there are a lot of people that do not really know the difference between gram positive and gram negative and need one medication to dose that will take care of all bacterial infections. I also know there are people like you who like each individual medication so you can mix your own cocktails to treat with, but not everyone has the knowledge or resources to do that. I personally use both Fucin and my own cocktails depending on the situation.
    Each to his own.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post

kanaplex 5 grams- 6 bucks for only 40% kanamycin sulfate and 60% inert ingredients

equals $3.00 a gram

http://www.angelsplus.com/MedsAntibiotic.htm

100 % pure kanamycin sulfate 100 grams for $69.75

roughly 70 cents a gram

Need to re-check your math

Last I checked, seachem had you under-dosing their product (kanaplex) as well.

-Rick
    You're assuming I was aware of that source to check the math against, which I wasn't. It's still good information though...regardless of the presentation.

Registered Member

Discus Stu

I have a couple of boxes of Maracyn-two that I am not using, you can have these just send my a self address envelope.

Cliff
    Last edited by CliffsDiscus; 08-28-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Registered Member

www.everythingbiorb.com/ Just discovered these guys in my backyard.