I do not nor would I advise this to be used with Discus

I thought I would show the simple water drip system I used in my hatchery when I raised angelfish commercially. This was only used with my breeder tanks, bottom of tanks were cleaned each day, and 90% water change each week. I only used it for a 25% water change each day as I did not have water holding system. The angels of all ages could stand a 25% water change without it being dechlorinated. The water came straight from a spicket through a hose hooked up to the drip system. I used water drip emitters for irrigation that would drip approx 25% of tank volume each 24 hours. A sponge filter was also ran in each tank. If the electricity had ever went out the tanks would overflow very slowly and it would not of been a big problem for my situation.

The airline through the top of the drain pipe to almost the bottom, caused the water to run threw the pipe and outside of the tank to a drain line. I thought to drill all the tanks for the drain pipe and not have to use the airline but never followed through.

I find it interesting that the angel fry would feed off the adults like discus fry. I have never seen this being discussed even in the angelfish forums.