ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lets Talk Generators

Real Name
    Ralph

Default Re: Lets Talk Generators

I recently bought a lightly used Honda EM2500 Generator. Original owner bought this new 9 years ago to power up a small IT business when they lost power for 3 days. It was stored in their inside storage with gas and no stabilizer and never used again. I offered them $200 and they took it.
    I basically stripped the entire thing to the bones...gas tank, carb, valves etc. Bought a carb kit and this thing is basically brand new now...so $200 for the unit and $52 in parts.
    These older style Honda generators are very reliable and work horses.

As you can see I like Honda products

...Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    I recently bought a lightly used Honda EM2500 Generator. Original owner bought this new 9 years ago to power up a small IT business when they lost power for 3 days. It was stored in their inside storage with gas and no stabilizer and never used again. I offered them $200 and they took it.
    I basically stripped the entire thing to the bones...gas tank, carb, valves etc. Bought a carb kit and this thing is basically brand new now...so $200 for the unit and $52 in parts.
    These older style Honda generators are very reliable and work horses.

As you can see I like Honda products

...Ralph
    Good score.....Time to get a motor bike Ralph
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

I couldn't afford a new Honda generator and I rarely luck into deals like that. The first big thing I bought when I got on social security was a Honda knock off made in China. It'll run all my air, the fridge, and freezer without even working hard. If the power goes out in winter and I need heat in the fish room it will run my oil filled space heater as well, but that will put it close to it's limit.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Brian

Always remember if you are using a generator to disconnect your main fuse. The power you are generating can make its way back into the grid and kill the people trying to fix the grid...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234