ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New group from Hans - Sept 2014

Registered Member

Default Re: New group from Hans - Sept 2014

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I have always called them like I see them and I believe some of these to be sub-par looking discus. They may get better with good care, good food, and a lot of water changes, but the quality is only ok here.
    I agree, Hans ? really ?

Tom,
    Got your Pm... I would recommend putting the fish back with the group. They generally will do better in a group and if that one turns out to be smaller, it may just have been fishes own limitations.

I'd not beat yourself up on the water changes.. Missing a water change here and there isn't go to be an issue., and I honestly don't think that alone was the issue. But if you get busy and slack in general maintenance, like fishfood and waste removal, or missing warning signs..then yes.. Thats probably your smoking gun. You could do 100 % water changes a day and still lose fish. Most likely there were multiple factors that occurred, slacking on the maintenance was likely one, but you can never real Know. The important thing is the increase water changes are making the group act more healthy and normal.. so now you know that the water quality was probably one factor. So keep that quality up there.

Hope that helps,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Tom,
    Got your Pm... I would recommend putting the fish back with the group. They generally will do better in a group and if that one turns out to be smaller, it may just have been fishes own limitations.

I'd not beat yourself up on the water changes.. Missing a water change here and there isn't go to be an issue., and I honestly don't think that alone was the issue. But if you get busy and slack in general maintenance, like fishfood and waste removal, or missing warning signs..then yes.. Thats probably your smoking gun. You could do 100 % water changes a day and still lose fish. Most likely there were multiple factors that occurred, slacking on the maintenance was likely one, but you can never real Know. The important thing is the increase water changes are making the group act more healthy and normal.. so now you know that the water quality was probably one factor. So keep that quality up there.

Hope that helps,
    al
    Thanks Al

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123