AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New group from Hans - Sept 2014

Default Re: New group from Hans - Sept 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    Why are the pics deleted?
    back up
    Damn IPad, you suck! There is a great pic thread from dghby show a gorgeous group from Hans and the amazing growth. You should check it out to see what Stendkers really look like.
    thanks Mark, its really not the fish it is these pictures, they suck.....
    Quote Originally Posted by joanstone View Post
    Pics appear as deleted for me as well.
    should be back up
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    deleted for me as well, desktop computer
    let me know if you are still having problems, I had some issues with photobucket

Better pics today

the Tefe's are full of spots, really wasn't expecting this at all, love it

Cobalts showing a lot better color today

Silver pigeons showing some red around the fins

They just look a little stressed and in the process of adjusting. Picture #5 looks like a really nice fish even at that size.
    Last edited by DISCUS STU; 09-04-2014 at 04:00 PM.

Registered Member turbodriven04's Avatar

Nice looking fish. I'm no judge, I just like them all.
    In the age of technology, ignorance is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS STU View Post
    They just look a little stressed and in the process of adjusting. Picture #5 looks like a really nice fish even at that size.
    thanks Discus stu, I agree I think that Silver is promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodriven04 View Post
    Nice looking fish. I'm no judge, I just like them all.
    Thanks Turbo, me too

Real Name
    Ricardo

pics are showing up for me now.

Now that the Tefe's are not showing the clamped fins they look much better. Seeing as they are all fairly new to your hands, I would say they will get better. However, the others (other than the Tefe's) look like they are in need of good discus owner. From your other thread, it looks like you can do it. Best of luck.
    Last edited by rickztahone; 09-04-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    pics are showing up for me now.

Now that the Tefe's are not showing the clamped fins they look much better. Seeing as they are all fairly new to your hands, I would say they will get better. However, the others (other than the Tefe's) look like they are in need of good discus owner. From your other thread, it looks like you can do it. Best of luck.
    thanks, be sure to stop back in a couple months my friend. bring the beer next time though....

BTW, I wasn't saying the fish or the pics suck, I was saying my IPad sucks as it has a lot of problems showing pics. IOS 5 so I am screwed with it.
    Mark

BTW, I wasn't saying the fish or the pics suck, I was saying my IPad sucks as it has a lot of problems showing pics. IOS 5 so I am screwed with it.
    didn't think you was Mark. no problem

so about 4 weeks, thought I would add a few pictures, all are putting on some good growth and coming along as expected. no problems to speak of. (oh boy, I went and did it now)

So it has been about a month since I have updated pictures and 2 months since this group arrived. good health with all of them. one of the Tefe's seems to be in charge and growing the fastest.
    I say fastest as I expect the others to catch up like my last group (snakeskins)

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Looking good.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Bad Month, lost one of the Silver pigeons. the whole group has been kind of sluggish.
    Why?? work has really gotten in the way and of course it does come first. I decided to skip a day in water changes so have been doing every other day instead of the normal daily.
    Silver got bloated and I didn't react in time. ( I think I read something by Al in the form of sometimes fish just die. but I think I could have prevented this) bummer to say the least.

So, as of the beginning of the week I went back to daily WC's, nothing more than that and they are bouncing back already.
    onward and upward

So, I lost another fish this past month. both seem to die with a bloated bacterial infection. I really don't have anyone to blame but myself. good quality as always from Hans. if I compare this group to my Snakeskin group from Hans (where all 7 are doing well and all at about 5.5 inches with several over 6 inches) I find that the big difference maker was lack of water changes for this group. Snakeskins I was pretty religious on daily 75% changes.
    this group work and other things seem to have gotten in the way and the WC's suffered because of it, which meant the fish suffered ultimately. hmmmm, SD and myself for that matter preaches the importance of daily WC's, which gets debated a lot on this forum for the lack of words. I really hate to be the one to have to prove why we preach daily water changes. but, bottom line, we have to take the good with the bad, I truly believe with Daily water changes I would still have all six.

with that said, I have moved 3 (the remaining tefe probably about 5 inches, and the 2 cobalts - 4.5 inches) in with the Snakeskins as I feel I need to get them into a larger group to keep the aggression down.

AT the moment, I have the one silver pigeon in a 29 gl trying to get some size on it ( currently probably only 3.5 inches) was definitely the runt and not sure if I can do anything for it at this point.

OR SHOULD I PUT HER IN WITH THE GROUP AT THIS POINT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST>>>>>

ANYONE??????

Registered Member

I would put her in with the group as long as she looks healthy, Discus are a schooling fish she needs company. At this point I would say she will always be the runt but that doesn't mean she won't be a nice fish. Enjoy your fish and keep up with the water changes you bought them from a good source.

Good Luck, Rick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast