ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drum kit in same room with discus?

Registered Member

Default Re: Drum kit in same room with discus?

For what it worth, I'm learning to play the bagpipes and I would go down to my fish room to practice and I got to tell you the discus went crazy, hiding, zipping around the tank, ect. Had to move to a different area.
    Jay

Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    For what it worth, I'm learning to play the bagpipes and I would go down to my fish room to practice and I got to tell you the discus went crazy, hiding, zipping around the tank, ect. Had to move to a different area.
    That's awesome..bagpipes and a discus tank, never in a million years would i have thought of seeing these two things combined

Registered Member

Sounds good that you have a plan. But you can move a tank pretty easily you just need a large place like a plastic tote (I use a rubbermaid 30 gal made of food safe platic) to put the fish in, and even with the aquascape it would only take an hour or two. But of coarse moving a set would be a little easier. If you keep the bio load light you can do less wc's but test for nitrate and make sure your fish are happy. Even with exceptional filtration discus need alot of wc's.

Good luck and post pics if you can

Real Name
    Austin

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_bike View Post
    Sounds good that you have a plan. But you can move a tank pretty easily you just need a large place like a plastic tote (I use a rubbermaid 30 gal made of food safe platic) to put the fish in, and even with the aquascape it would only take an hour or two. But of coarse moving a set would be a little easier. If you keep the bio load light you can do less wc's but test for nitrate and make sure your fish are happy. Even with exceptional filtration discus need alot of wc's.

Good luck and post pics if you can
    i really dont think ill move the tank intil i move houses. Ill just move the kit into the music room

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by a.person61; 09-26-2014 at 05:49 AM.
    you can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12