ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another batch - This time fed only Forrest aquabits from free swimming (no bbs)

Default Re: Another batch - This time fed only Forrest aquabits from free swimming (no bbs)

Quote Originally Posted by musicmarn1 View Post
    any updates? i might grow out my next batch entirely on this with beefheart right before the water changes only ! love seeing your experiment here
    What specifically did you want to know?

Len

Default Re: Another batch - This time fed only Forrest aquabits from free swimming (no bbs)

Where can u buy them at?
    Discus dave.

Real Name
    Christopher G

Quote Originally Posted by dkeef View Post
    Where can u buy them at?
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...Johor-Malaysia
    You purchase them here Dave

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

I know that you said you are not feeding as much but a 1/2 of growth loss in fish that size is pretty significant. Also I saw where you have mentioned that you have only lost one so far. In the past of you had issues with losing fry? I seldom lose any fry. Everyone know that I only feed BBS but I losr less than 1% of my fry. Even the runts and belly sliders last until I get around to culling them.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

I wouldn't say I had issues losing fry, but there is always a couple. I suspect if I had fed this batch the same way I fed the group from last year the growth would have been more similar so I'd more attribute the difference in size to the amount of effort om my part rather than what I was feeding. Truth be told, I was also in TX for a week where they weren't fed at all but that couldn't be helped.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len View Post
    I measured them last night and they are mostly in the 2 inch range so they are growing more slowly than the last batch that were at 2.5 inches by 2 months, but I also didn't feed these guys nearly as often. I'm fine with that though because they look healthy and seem to be consistently growing and it's been far far less work.
    so your feeding a lot less often and you are seeing a .5" difference? in all honesty do you believe your feeding less is the only reason for that difference in growth or because you are feeding different food? what food did you feed when you did the last batch? which was at this point, .5" bigger? any pictures also?
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Quote Originally Posted by musicmarn1 View Post
    so your feeding a lot less often and you are seeing a .5" difference? in all honesty do you believe your feeding less is the only reason for that difference in growth or because you are feeding different food? what food did you feed when you did the last batch? which was at this point, .5" bigger? any pictures also?
    I can't say that's the only reason. The batch last Christmas from the same parents was raised quite a bit differently. They were fed much more, had far more water changes and by this stage and even before were fed a much larger variety of foods. I wouldn't go so far as to say this batch have been neglected, but I certainly didn't put the same amount of effort into raising them. I don't really think .5" is a big concern, or at least not for me. As long as they look healthy and have decent shape then I'm satisfied.

Len

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12