ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Platinum Albino x Yellow Butterfly Albino (what will the fry look like?)

Registered Member SoCalDiscus.com's Avatar

Default Platinum Albino x Yellow Butterfly Albino (what will the fry look like?)

I typically won't let two different strains interbreed but I have a Platinum Albino that just paired up with a Yellow Albino Butterfly (very light in color). Do you guys think I'll get a mix where some are Platinum and others Yellow Albino or if not, what do you think the fry may grow to look like? I'd say a Snowflake and Yellow Butterfly would be buggly but I'm curious how a Platinum Albino with a Yellow Butterfly Albino may bring?

I'm interested in what you guys think as I value your opinions here? Attached are their photos...

P.S. Yes, I know, I had a massive spawning of Gold Mystery Snails...lol (I actually had about 8,000 (based on the number of eggs sacks laid) and sold them all off on Craigs for a quarter each at 1" but still down to a couple hundred by the looks of it) so please don't slam me asking why I have so many darn snails.

Registered Member

Default Re: Platinum Albino x Yellow Butterfly Albino (what will the fry look like?)

I would say they will be a good cross.

Prob get some non albino yellows, albino yellows, platinums, Albino plats and some albino and non albino lined snakeskins.

Default Re: Platinum Albino x Yellow Butterfly Albino (what will the fry look like?)

It will be an interesting cross. I'm fairly sure that the albino gene is recessive, so all offspring will be albino of some sort I would think.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Please don't throw in all input cross your mind ... where non albino, non albino lined snakeskins come from ....?
    Ryan

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by lhalliday View Post

Prob get some non albino yellows, albino yellows, platinums, Albino plats and some albino and non albino lined snakeskins.
    LOL, you left out the turqs and might as well throw in some Red Melons as well (jk)

All the offspring will be Albino's. It indeed is an interesting cross, curious to see the outcome. My best guess is the offspring will look similar to an albino Cobalt, but that is as I said, just a guess.
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yes would be interested to see, would be hoping to see a pale albino yellow, since my new two loves from NADA are albino P and a red variety, id be following their development with avid curiosity ! good luck
    - Marnie
    www.bootcamprescue.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Please let us know what you decide. Looks like an interesting cross.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member SoCalDiscus.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Please let us know what you decide. Looks like an interesting cross.
    Looks like you guys are thinking along the same line I am. They are already paired and have dropped tubes so I'm watching. When and if I get a good spawn, the hardest part will be waiting to see the fry grow waiting to see what they look like but I'll be sure to come back to this thread and post images. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by lhalliday View Post

It's impossible to get non-albino when the parents are albinos.

The cross should give 100% albino if both parents are albino.

Cant wait to see the outcame of these pair..

Real Name
    Rick Mileski

https://www.facebook.com/FinTastikTr...9640250738203/

Late post lol

The Albino Yellow discus in the video parents are Albino Platinum female/Albino Yellow male.

The what I call (correct me if I'm wrong) Albino Blue Diamond intermediate,the parents are Albino Platinum female /Calico male.
    Last edited by rickmiles; 09-04-2019 at 01:53 AM.