ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 100gal Tropheus

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: 100gal Tropheus

Not looking likely Phil, no one biting even at a good price. Put them up in the local club group for $1000 for the entire group, which is roughly $26 per fish. For a 3-4" F1 Ilangi I'd say it's a killer deal. I've already gotten them through the juvi stage for whoever gets them. Going to post them up to more national boards and see but would rather someone fairly local gets them so I don't have to ship close to 40 almost 4" fish. Looking for a new place to live currently and I'd love a change on the job front lol so the tank may get a break between the two fish types. Discus are coming though, just not exactly sure when. I plan to be just a spectator at NADA, don't need any passengers on the way home!
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Not looking likely Phil, no one biting even at a good price. Put them up in the local club group for $1000 for the entire group, which is roughly $26 per fish. For a 3-4" F1 Ilangi I'd say it's a killer deal. I've already gotten them through the juvi stage for whoever gets them. Going to post them up to more national boards and see but would rather someone fairly local gets them so I don't have to ship close to 40 almost 4" fish. Looking for a new place to live currently and I'd love a change on the job front lol so the tank may get a break between the two fish types. Discus are coming though, just not exactly sure when. I plan to be just a spectator at NADA, don't need any passengers on the way home!
    Are you only selling as a larger group or individually as well?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

I'd sell a couple individually but would rather sell as one or two larger groups.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

I'd sell a couple individually but would rather sell as one or two larger groups.
    gotcha. That may be a limiting factor. You'd have to consider that this would almost require for purchaser to set up a tank specifically for these fish. In reality, many just want to add some to their community tank and would probably pay better money individually than as a big group or two. However, you deal with depleting your stock little by little and may change the dynamic of your tank? Not sure if it affects the fish as it would in a discus tank?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

With Tropheus you actually should set up the tank just for these fish, and you rarely find the serious keepers needing only a few. Mixing a bloodline would be the only real reason to I suppose and then usually people want them sexed in those cases. I would say any type of Tropheus community with multiple varieties would be uncommon though I guess they could be added to some general Tang tanks depending on other tank mates. Still I find it to be the minority of cases.

You are right, it could throw off a balance. And I don't want to be stuck with a handful that no one wants lol That's why I'd rather just try and do it by the group.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

With Tropheus you actually should set up the tank just for these fish, and you rarely find the serious keepers needing only a few. Mixing a bloodline would be the only real reason to I suppose and then usually people want them sexed in those cases. I would say any type of Tropheus community with multiple varieties would be uncommon though I guess they could be added to some general Tang tanks depending on other tank mates. Still I find it to be the minority of cases.

You are right, it could throw off a balance. And I don't want to be stuck with a handful that no one wants lol That's why I'd rather just try and do it by the group.
    That makes more sense then. If these do not do well in community tanks then whomever is looking to purchase some is probably aware of the fact. anyone considering dropping $1k on these would know what they want out of the group as well. I personally think it is a killer deal for this but you just need to find that right person.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

So after kind of neglecting this tank I saw my first live fry/juvi in there today. Looks to be around the .5" mark. Only seen 1 so far around the rocks, he's got plenty of algae to eat I know that. Just crazy that I've neglected the tank and let the algae grow as it may and I find fry. Fish are all healthy, I've just kind of let the tank go. They graze on the algae anyway I figure. Knew the fish were trying to breed but never saw them get past holding stage. Pretty cool, I've now bred Tropheus I guess. Still probably going to try and sell this colony and venture back to discus, now I just know they are breeding 100%. Hope the little guy makes it, seems to look pretty good size already and healthy. Could be more tucked in the rock work. No plans to fish him out though, just gonna grow him as is. Though I guess I will have to make note that there is at least 1 F2 fish in the colony now. Maybe can pull it after it gets larger. Just thought I'd share my small sorta unintentional success. Little bright spot of the day.

Makes me want to go clean the tank. Will try to get that in after work one day this weekend.

And here is a throwback photo just for good measure, haven't posted pics in a while.
    Trophforsale5 by Matt, on Flickr
    -Matt

Registered Member

Update please. Did you sell the group? Thanks Ron in Alabama

Real Name
    Ricardo

I think Matt may have gotten rid of these a while back if I remember correctly from speaking to him a long time ago.

Cafepress.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456