ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new great white!

Default My new great white!

I'm just sharing my new Silver pigeon discus from Hans. He is approximately 8 inches. I have a Blue pigeon that is 71/2 inches and this great white is bigger. Thanks Hans for the great delivery of this and two other silver pigeons. RufusImageUploadedByTapatalk1413643108.128764.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413643123.345238.jpg

Default Re: My new great white!

Looks good and thick. Any idea of his age?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Big boy Rufus, Hans bought a couple like this to the show. They should make a 20 gallon tank look tiny.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Christopher G

Gorgeous! That silver pigeon is a beast ! Congrats Rufus

Thanks Allwin. He is very thick and gigantic! Hans thinks he is about three years old. Thanks Pat and Blu. Rufus

I sooo wanted a silver pigeon, however, the one I bought a couple of years ago, wasn't able to breath out of one gill, and I lost her��

lovely discus rufus

Quote Originally Posted by krislewis3 View Post
    I sooo wanted a silver pigeon, however, the one I bought a couple of years ago, wasn't able to breath out of one gill, and I lost her��
    Kris, So sorry to hear that. I had several silver pigeons when I first got into the hobby from Hans. I killed them from bad husbandry because I was new. Now I have six! They are very beautiful. This latest one I call Great White. He is a gentle giant. He never bullies or pushes other discus around. I got him from Hans and I am thrilled to have him. Hopefully you will replace the one that you had. Hans has wonderful Silver Pigeons. Best regards. Rufus

Quote Originally Posted by Quintin View Post
    lovely discus rufus
    Thank you Quintin. Pictures can't possibly show how magnificent he is. He's also very friendly, comes right to the front of the tank when I walk into the room. Rufus

Rufus,

You really go for the small ones don't you. Still waiting to see a thread of all your tanks and fish.

OC, yeah I kind of like discus at their biggest! LOL! This one I did not expect but Hans knows my taste and let me know that this one was available! I couldn't say no! I would love to start a thread of all my tanks but it seems that when I ( which is rare) post pictures of my discus the thread is moved somewhere else so I guess I'm posting on the wrong section. I'm surprised that this thread has lasted this long. I'm sure one of the moderators will give me hell for saying this. I'm not criticizing just commenting. Take care. How are your discus doing! Rufus

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

he he Rufus, your thread did get moved to Hans's section. Seemed like the appropriate place
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

When I get a chance to take more pictures, I want to start a new thread titled: "Show us your fish" and ask everyone to post a tank shot and a close up of each fish with some sort of description of each. This will not be a critiquing thread, but just browsing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    he he Rufus, your thread did get moved to Hans's section. Seemed like the appropriate place
    Pat
    Pat, I appreciate the moderation but on the other hand many of us posting pictures of our proud acquisitions are intending to share the great quality of fully realized discus. So, when the mods move the post at their discretion it seems to defeat the intention of the posting. New discus owners need to see what the possibility is of a great fish at its zenith of growth and health. I wasn't advertising for Hans. I realize that the moderation staff may not even know the intent of the posting but in my case several times when I have attempted to post a picture of a great fish the post has been moved! Just my opinion. Rufus

Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    When I get a chance to take more pictures, I want to start a new thread titled: "Show us your fish" and ask everyone to post a tank shot and a close up of each fish with some sort of description of each. This will not be a critiquing thread, but just browsing thread.
    OC, yes that would be a great thread. Wondering if the mods will let it stay in the spot you originally post it! Rufus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast