ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Photographers... Calling all shutterbugs and photo fanatics...

Exclamation Hey Photographers... Calling all shutterbugs and photo fanatics...

I'd like to reach out to you guys and girls that are great with cameras.. looking for ones that consider themselves semi-pros, or advanced hobbyists, maybe you even have a photography business. We have some projects that we have undertaken here and could use your expertise...details will follow on those.

But what I'd like to do is get some info from those interested in participating... So here is what I'd like to ask. If you are interesting in maybe getting involved in helping others here with the wonderful hobby of photography, sound of here in this thread. Tell us about yourself, your experience and your gear, and best of all, please post a few of your best or favorite pics to show off a bit.. These pics need not be discus or fish related. We are looking for technique and skill.

In order to participate, you need to really know the ins and outs of cameras.. particularly digital cameras, and consider yourself a advanced photographer.

I know we have some really good ones heres so hopefully you'll find this intriguing... and post.

Thanks ,
    SD Team
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Hey Photographers... Calling all shutterbugs and photo fanatics...

Looking forward to some contributions Al

Lets see those cropped, Full framed, and medium format sensor shots

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I hate to be the first person posting as I know there are some amazing photographers on this forum. I am also sure I won't be the youngest.
    I started taking pictures in the early 70s (that's 1970) and have been through lots of cameras and accessories. My interests have always been in nature photography and specifically underwater photography, (read: more accessories). I retired a few years back and now spend a lot of time with my camera. Most recently I have tried to improve my on land skills after spending almost four years doing exclusively underwater work.
    I suspect I can best help Nikon shooters as I have always used Nikon equipment. Not because I think any one system is better, but there comes a time when you accumulate so much stuff, especially lenses, that changing is just to costly. However discussions about technique span any system.
    I have taught some beginner workshops and write for an on line UW Photo magazine so if I can help, I would be more than happy to assist.

Last edited by SMB2; 11-07-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Stan, someone has to be first! And it looks like you have set the bar high too, well done sir - the third image is excellent btw.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

I just want to point out... Stan should be considered at the top end of the skills spectrum... please don't let the beauty of his photos, prevent you from posting yours, because I want to see more!
    ​Greg

Thanks Paul and Greg.
    The third shot is not a post processing image. People see that image and ask what did I do in Photoshop. I don't own PS (but can offer some help with Aperture and Lightroom).
    Only two things were done to that image out of the camera. It was cropped length wise to give the Pano look and saturation was added. I was taught by old school, get it in the camera, photographers...
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Quote Originally Posted by SMB2 View Post
    Thanks Paul and Greg.
    The third shot is not a post processing image. People see that image and ask what did I do in Photoshop. I don't own PS (but can offer some help with Aperture and Lightroom).
    Only two things were done to that image out of the camera. It was cropped length wise to give the Pano look and saturation was added. I was taught by old school, get it in the camera, photographers...
    Never thought it was a PS effect - looks like a mix of a dragged shutter and ICM - cracking shot either way.
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Trey

when my mom gets home ill have her download some images That i have taken of butterfly's and birds and what not.
    here one picture i took of my chameleion thor. THis first picture sadly was taken with a galaxy s4 but i think it still came out really well after editing it on ps just a little. the other photos were taken by a Canon Eos-1

Last edited by treylcham; 11-07-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Registered Member

This is a very old one that I took. Exif is your friend.

Curtains of nature by ashClicks, on Flickr

And this one is old too.
    Aura by ashClicks, on Flickr
    ~Ashish
    http://ashtricusdiscus.blogspot.com/

Trey I'm loving the chameleon, the others are good too

Ashish that last one is excellent, very well seen, is that a shrimp just to the right?
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Registered Member

Thanks Paul, I think its just a piece of a red leaf. I haven't seen any shrimp in that stream. Just minnows and tadpoles.
    ~Ashish
    http://ashtricusdiscus.blogspot.com/

Keep them coming everyone, some really nice pics here!
    -al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I came across my old 35 mm side scans while updating an old thread here on Angels. I'll post a couple. Mind you these are just quick slide scans I did as Jpegs, I have TIFF versions as well that are huge. Theres been no post processing really on these except some cropping and maybe brightness contrast..

These were back when I was learning 35 mm SLRs.. gear is pentax

Last edited by brewmaster15; 11-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Trey

Quote Originally Posted by pcsb23 View Post
    Trey I'm loving the chameleon, the others are good too

Ashish that last one is excellent, very well seen, is that a shrimp just to the right?
    Thanks yea I have way more of him nut I dont want to cover this thread with chameleon pictures haha.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Long exposure to blur... amazing how still an owl stays. Saw whet Owl.

Peak a booo

"Alright Buddy...I'm gettin ticked now!"

Last edited by brewmaster15; 11-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast