AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey Photographers... Calling all shutterbugs and photo fanatics...

Default Re: Hey Photographers... Calling all shutterbugs and photo fanatics...

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    is that the sound barrier being broken?
    Ricardo,

Yes I think the cone forms just as the jet is flirting with the sound barrier. At least that is my understanding. I've only seen this happen that one time as the planes are not allowed to actually break the sound barrier during the air shows. too many windows in San Fran that may shatter. It was pretty cool as the cone would form, disappear and re appear again for very short periods of time.

Love that astro image Steve
    Paul

Comfortably numb.

Real Name
    Matt

Great photos! Love aircraft photos!

is that the sound barrier being broken?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapor_cone These can form even at lower speeds if the conditions were right. The plane is basically forcing clouds out of the moist air. It would happen on high speed turns or going vertical and doesn't always just happen straight line. In the right conditions the faster they go the easier to create them. Really cool to see.
    -Matt

Thanks guys. I will post more when time permits. I am looking forward to having some nice Discus that I can photograph. It might be challenging though with a bare bottom tank....

Here is a photo of the final leg of the Americas Cup race from 2013. I went to the last 10 races and watched every Oracle win after being behind big time:Oracle Downwind 1920.jpg

A Photo of the Owens river near Lone Pine, CA:

Owens River 01 1200.jpg

Real Name
    Ricardo

Nice Steve. Have you considered a wide format for that last photo? It would look awesome. TFS

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Nice Steve. Have you considered a wide format for that last photo? It would look awesome. TFS
    By wide format do you mean 16 by 9 like our computer monitors?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCA View Post
    By wide format do you mean 16 by 9 like our computer monitors?
    Yeah, something along those lines. Possibly even wider like a pano almost.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

This photo could be cropped wider, maybe to fill a 16 by 9 screen. But wider than that may degrade the composition. A panorama would have been interesting but i didnt shoot it that way.. Next time out, i may try that. Thanks for the idea!

Love the lighting and the foreground grass, the cloud curves with the water curves.
    I might play around with crops to get the tree a bit more off center.
    Nice shot.
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Cold rainy/icy day here. Just playing with shots from a few weeks ago in Death Valley and Yosemite.
    This is a three shot HDR with On One Glow filter.
    A Joshua tree at sunset.

20150207_Death Valley Day 4_201910_1949_HDR.jpg
    Stan

This thread got me motivated to process some shots that have been sitting in my computer for almost two years. Here is one from Mono Lake, CA. The shot was taken at 4:30am, 14mm, F2.8, 20 second exposure, ISO 6400 on a Nikon D3s with the Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8. I used Stellarium to figure out the best time and direction (compass) to capture this photo with the Milky way in the proper position. Stellarium (a free app) is great for pre-planning astro Photo shoots. It allows you to see exactly what the night sky will look like at a specific GPS coordinate, at a particular date and time of night.

Mono Lake Milky Way 02 1200.jpg

Really neat shot. Looks otherworldly.
    Stan

Beautiful shots guys! Really stunning!
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Hard to believe that is 6400 (not saying it isn't true, it is just unbelieveable that it is). What a great shot!

Cafepress.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast