AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 210 gallon Discus and Angel set up

Default Re: 210 gallon Discus and Angel set up

So here is a full tank shot . It's still cloudy but It's getting better plus the stump is almost water logged .

I have had the large Altum for over a year now when I got it. It was the same size as the little one beside it.

2 males getting a little restless.

My blue face browns laid eggs again. They will be moved to their own tank in a few days
    A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. - Latin Proverb

Here is an update of the tank. The water has cleared up and looking a lot better. I have a few little hiccups I need to fix in the new year.I have to redo some of the plumbing and redo my sump. Here are some pictures.

so here is what the tank looked like last week.

here is what it looks like now Most of the driftwood has sunk now.

Very nice. What will be your water change regimen? I hope it stays healthy for you. I love Bosemanis. Everything seems to fit nicely.

Thanks. I hope so too . I change 50-70 % 2 time a week and I do 100 % water change in the sump once every 2 weeks and I vacuum the sump out. with a shop vac
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Discus View Post
    Very nice. What will be your water change regimen? I hope it stays healthy for you. I love Bosemanis. Everything seems to fit nicely.

Really like the tank and the wilds you have. Big tank. I have eight tanks and do water 50-70 percent water changes every other day on all of them but I have domestics so it may be different for wilds and of course your tank is much bigger than any of mine. Best of luck and keep sharing pictures. Rufus

Great setup and nice fish. Those altums are huge. The tank looks overstocked in my opinion. Scape is very serene, but looks too busy with so many fish. But that's just me. As stated above, I hope things go well with the tank and the fish. I remember you had many beautiful wilds a few years ago and ended up having issues. Good luck!

Yun-

- 265G Wild Discus Community
    - 90G African Cichlids
    - 56G Reef
    - 20G, 20G, 29G Community
    - 20G, 26G, 36G empty

Thanks. The tank is over crowed . It will change in a few weeks .I'll be setting up a another tank. I just have not had time to finish the stand for the tank. I'll be also getting rid of the rainbows fish too. The large angels you see are not albums they are Santa Isabella. There is only 1 large altum.I have had them for close to 3 years now . Yes I remember the beautiful wilds I had the problem I ran in too with them I thought I get away with having 14 in a 90 gallon tank. Most of the wild live about 3 years with me . How are your wilds doing?

Quote Originally Posted by YSS View Post
    Great setup and nice fish. Those altums are huge. The tank looks overstocked in my opinion. Scape is very serene, but looks too busy with so many fish. But that's just me. As stated above, I hope things go well with the tank and the fish. I remember you had many beautiful wilds a few years ago and ended up having issues. Good luck!
    I do smaller water change beside the big changes . My wife and inlaws who I live with are would not be happy with me changing 150 to 200 gallons of water every other day. I'm going to set up another tank for the wild discus They will be going to a 93 gallon cube tank in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rudustin View Post
    Really like the tank and the wilds you have. Big tank. I have eight tanks and do water 50-70 percent water changes every other day on all of them but I have domestics so it may be different for wilds and of course your tank is much bigger than any of mine. Best of luck and keep sharing pictures. Rufus

Registered Member

That is beyond awesome! It is a great mixture of discus, angels rainbows and corys! Bravo!

amazing tank and fish

Registered Member

Awesome tank! Wilds look great, I'm in awe! I have one stupid question: I am planning building a new stand for my 90 and I'm curious why you have what looks like a white foam pad in between the stand and tank?

u dont have problems with rainbows being too aggressive of eater?
    i have roselines and rainbows with altums but they eat way too fast.
    Discus dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12