ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rafflesia Cross, Ship or P/U, Bergenfield, NJ, 1.75 – 2.0 inch, 2 months old

Default Re: Rafflesia Cross, Ship or P/U, Bergenfield, NJ, 1.75 – 2.0 inch, 2 months old

Superflame, I will post when they are ready. Anyway here are some updated photos of the fry which are now 6 weeks old. Always hungry for all types of food. Of course lots of water changes, every time after feeding.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Registered Member

Default Re: Rafflesia Cross, Ship or P/U, Bergenfield, NJ, 1.75 – 2.0 inch, 2 months old

Looking good, in the mean time I'll try to get the tank ready and convert my planted tank to meet the requirment of Discus water parameters. This is what I'm planning to have, please let me know if this will work:

75 gallons
    PH 6.2-6.6 since I'm using aquasoil as an substrate
    Plants low-med, injected co2 (very low), I could stop using it.
    Temp: 82F
    Planning to do water change 50% once a week, do I need to do at least 2-3 times a week?

Hi Superflame, Your parameters are fine, ph doesn't need to go that low. My fish are used to 7.2 to 6.8 ph. All my tanks are bare bottom, you might want to read more on Planted Tanks for discus on the forum page. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...s-and-Biotopes
    This gives you some tips/ ideas on how much water changes you can do on planted tanks. It really depends on how much fish you put in the tank and how often you feed them.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Aaron Tong

Put me down to get some discus from you when they are ready for sale! :-)

Registered Member

Hi i want some too for sure.let me if they are ready for sale thanks 330 618 4582

Registered Member

Roland is your new batch ready yet?

Registered Member

Great job,I'm impressed

hi everyone,

sorry for the long update on the fry, i am currently on vacation and will be back on 2nd week of November.
    Will post when they are available for shipment ! They will be big enought by then.

Thanks,

rteves

[IMG] [/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hi Everyone,
    Just got back from a long overdue vacation. Big thanks to my son for taking care of them while i was away.
    So surprise how big they have grown !

They are now available for shipment or pickup (Bergenfield, NJ).

Red Eagle x Rafflesia Cross
    Size: 1.75" to 2.0" = $ 19.00/ea.
    Size: 2.50" to 2.75" = $ 25.00/ea.

You can PM or Email me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
    RTeves
    email: rtteves@gmail.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jeff Kratzwald

You've shown pics of the parents, but you said you weren't sure what the fry would look like. Do you have any pics of the fry now that the early batches have had time to mature?

Jeff, the last photos were taken 3 days ago. The parents are both Red Strain so the fry would definitely be having red coloration with some white spots/ patterns on them. I tried to grow some fry to bigger size so I can see how they look like but every time someone visit my fish room they end up buying them. I will post a "Not for Sale" sign on the tank this time !

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jeff Kratzwald

Quote Originally Posted by Rteves View Post
    Jeff, the last photos were taken 3 days ago. The parents are both Red Strain so the fry would definitely be having red coloration with some white spots/ patterns on them. I tried to grow some fry to bigger size so I can see how they look like but every time someone visit my fish room they end up buying them. I will post a "Not for Sale" sign on the tank this time !
    Gotcha. Thanks. I'm really interested to see what they look like as adults

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123