AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: The post office

Smile The post office

This time of year is rough on the USPS...give those working there a break...I ship out my orders of freeze dried blackworms daily and do it in person at the post office. The stuff these people have to put up with is unbelievable.I have seen things that just disgusted me and I had a hard time biting my tongue.(truthfully..I usually speak my mind when I see it) The only month that people use the post office is December, and maybe a few in April for taxes....yet its astounding how many people expect to waltz in and get served in mins like they were ordering a burger at McDonalds.

Cracks me up when someone is in line for a single stamp for a Christmas card and they complain they have to wait.Jeeze, buy a book and you'd be set for life!

ANYWAY...I GIVE THEM ALOT OF RESPECT....ESPECIALLY THIS TIME OF YEAR!

AL
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 12-17-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: The post office

I agree. I feel bad for the USPS workers. They have to deal with people waiting till the last minute to send a gift and expecting the workers to "make it work". I also have much respect for them. Luckily, my mail man (mail lady I should say) knows me, and is always pleased to knock on my door and hand me packages. I get packages so often that she remembered my name and always expects to drop something off, lol.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Yep, it's a tough time of year. This looks like a record setting year. Notice the workers out there delivering on Sundays? Just remember most of us are trying our best. But, errors do happen.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Ed Sye

We have a farm in a rural area. I can't say enough good things about the service and thoughfulness that the postal employees have provided us over the last 50 years. We just recieved a Christmas card that was sent using an address that changed 20 years ago...my name was barely legible...a note from the postal carrier said...Ed, we think this is yours, if not put it back in the box and we will try plan B. Most workers are always trying to do their best.
    It is a busy time.
    Ed

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

As a husband to a post worker Al is 100% correct. My wife works as a clerk and even if everyone is reasonable this time of year is very rough because of volume...then is you throw in a few entitled customers it becomes a nightmare. Years ago my wife loved Christmas....now she just wants it over.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Respect goes a long way

Some of the worst manners and behavior I've ever seen has been at a post office. I don't get it. It requires almost zero effort to be polite to someone.

I've not had bad luck with the post office, for the most part. I hear horror stories all the time but my mail has always been very reliable. I use flat rate boxes to send all kinds of stuff and it's always there in 2 - 3 days as promised. Luckily I use a fairly rural post office and it's just one clerk, and we've known her for years. She said they've been busy this year, but it's never as chaotic as post offices in larger cities. I had a mail carrier deliver something to me last Sunday which was a first -- I didn't realize they worked seven days a week during the holiday.