AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Fungus maybe?

Registered Member

Default Fungus maybe?

This poped on my Marlboro Red, clearish white blister looking patch. I was thinking furan2 or furan2/kanamyacin if I need to treat. I was going to wait until monday and see if it goes away or gets bigger.

IMG_0892.JPGIMG_0893.JPGIMG_0894.JPG

Default Re: Fungus maybe?

Looks like some bruising damage has occurred from a scrape or something similar.
    It should heal in a few days with regular good fresh water changes. Give it some time - no medication for now.

Registered Member

ok will wait and see

Registered Member

Ok this has gotten bigger and spread to both sides of the fish and one other fish as well. Any ideas on what it could be?

A mystery to me. Can you post some pics ?

Registered Member

yea ill try and get some when i get home. Very Hard to see on the snakeskin you almost have to be looking straight down the side of the fish to notice it. It looks like large clearish/white blisters of some sort. doesn't seem to have a cotton/fuzy look to it.

The disease questionnaire would be helpful in determining the best course of action.

Topical application of triple antibiotic could be helpful. Net the fish, lay it on a damp towel, put a pea size amt of triple antibiotic on your finger. Gently dab it onto the spot. with another finger gently rub it in. Turn the fish over and repeat on the other side. Rub gently, but enough to dislodge growth on the surface and coat with triple antibiotic. Repeat daily until resolved.

Another option to consider if the problem keeps spreading is salt dip the fish and sterilize the tank. After the first dip, move the fish to another sterile tank while you sterilize this tank. Do daily dips and move to sterile tank until problem resolves.

I would try the topical treatment first for a week or so. More detail can be provided on the salt dips. The sterilization method is a good way to eradicate certain diseases and parasites from the tank and fish.

The source could be injury or cross contamination combined with poor water quality.

The pic looks like it could be a burn from the heater, or scrape which the triple antibiotic would help. That would not spread to both sides and to another fish. Are you having a lot of frantic behavior in your tank? I would hold off on the salt dips, but keep it in mind if something is spreading in your tank.