ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Help

Registered Member

Default Help

Hi friends, so I got two problems going on. First one it's I got three wilds that I got like two weeks ago, and are almost not eating anything, they have barely pick at freeze dried black worms and some bloodworms so I don't know what to give them. Second I hAve one fish that keeps on pooping solid white, I did a 10 day treatment of metro, but it seems it didn't work, at least with this one fish. All others are pooping fine. All water parameters are fine, except having a little bit of ammonia, witch I did a huge water change, but it didn't change the outcome at all. It's a planted tank and I think I was overfeeding so there may be some left over lying at the very bottom, so I'm gonna trim the plants so that I can get to the bottom of the tank. So the ammonia just started showing off, the other problems have been for quite some time.
    ---Two years into the hobby and loving every minute of it---

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Help

Dealing with wilds is not something I feel too confident about, but I will bump this to the top for you so that other more experienced members can better help you with your situation.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Thanos Ricardo

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
    Hi friends, so I got two problems going on. First one it's I got three wilds that I got like two weeks ago, and are almost not eating anything, they have barely pick at freeze dried black worms and some bloodworms so I don't know what to give them. Second I hAve one fish that keeps on pooping solid white, I did a 10 day treatment of metro, but it seems it didn't work, at least with this one fish. All others are pooping fine. All water parameters are fine, except having a little bit of ammonia, witch I did a huge water change, but it didn't change the outcome at all. It's a planted tank and I think I was overfeeding so there may be some left over lying at the very bottom, so I'm gonna trim the plants so that I can get to the bottom of the tank. So the ammonia just started showing off, the other problems have been for quite some time.
    What were your wilds eating before you got them. I would get your water quality sorted out first.
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Well they were eating bloodworms, and yes I'm trying to get the water where it needs to be, I didn't have a container to age my water but now I do, so I'll be doing that instead of doing direct from the faucet.

Have you tested the tap water? Ammonia after a large water change indicates source water or maybe something dead/decaying in the tank. If you can't see the bottom, multiple and frequent large water changes may be needed to clear it out. Thinning the plants might make finding the source easier. Best wishes.

Registered Member

Yes, and no I havent tested my tap water, and Tha KS everyone for helping and it seems like the ammonia went back to 0. And Pat the fish I've seen them eating some plants, like the dead ones, and some bloodworms but very few.