AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey Coffee Lovers!

Default Re: Hey Coffee Lovers!

Hi AL
    I had my first cup at my first real job when i was 21 years old, i was pressured to it by the seniors mechanics bin hooked ever since, i remember whe i was ten years old visited my dad 's coffee fields in EL SAlvador , coffee as far as my eyes could see and the smell of it roasting good memories, Ricardo you should try some Salvadorien coffee if you could find it, McDodalds or 7-eleven is what i drink now not to dark ,little cream and sugar.
    AL

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    Hi AL
    I had my first cup at my first real job when i was 21 years old, i was pressured to it by the seniors mechanics bin hooked ever since, i remember whe i was ten years old visited my dad 's coffee fields in EL SAlvador , coffee as far as my eyes could see and the smell of it roasting good memories, Ricardo you should try some Salvadorien coffee if you could find it, McDodalds or 7-eleven is what i drink now not to dark ,little cream and sugar.
    AL
    I will also give this a try ;-)

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    Hi AL
    AL
    That sounds like an awesome Memory Al! I haven't had Salvadorian Coffee yet, but I will be sure to try some when I can find it.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

I've been a coffee drinker for about 20 years now. Darker roasts such as French or Colombian are my staple but I enjoy trying other roast from time to time. I used to drink all day long and consume bare minimum a pot of coffee a day but over the last few years it's more like one to maybe two cups a day and only in the mornings, with the occasional exception when I'm out and about and someone want to stop at a coffee house. I also used to dilute my coffee down with sugar or creamers but now I prefer it black. I usually buy whole beans and grind them in my burr grinder, that my fiancee bought me for fathers day, while my waters heating up. I have a standard coffee maker, two french presses, a Keurig which again my fiancee bought but doesn't get used much, and two single cup drip conical filters. Since I'm the only one in the house to drink coffee I usually use the single drip method. I've also had a few espresso makers over the years however don't have one right now. As for coffee shops Starbucks is ok but I prefer Tully's or locally owned and my drink of choice here is usually a triple grande vanilla latte.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I've been a coffee drinker for about 20 years now. Darker roasts such as French or Colombian are my staple but I enjoy trying other roast from time to time. I used to drink all day long and consume bare minimum a pot of coffee a day but over the last few years it's more like one to maybe two cups a day and only in the mornings, with the occasional exception when I'm out and about and someone want to stop at a coffee house. I also used to dilute my coffee down with sugar or creamers but now I prefer it black. I usually buy whole beans and grind them in my burr grinder, that my fiancee bought me for fathers day, while my waters heating up. I have a standard coffee maker, two french presses, a Keurig which again my fiancee bought but doesn't get used much, and two single cup drip conical filters. Since I'm the only one in the house to drink coffee I usually use the single drip method. I've also had a few espresso makers over the years however don't have one right now. As for coffee shops Starbucks is ok but I prefer Tully's or locally owned and my drink of choice here is usually a triple grande vanilla latte.
    Cool Jason, I used to drink it alot more to.. when I was in college and working myself thru it, I needed that java boost intravenous..Had to be at least 9-10 cups day starting at 4 am and into the late evening. I even had a Pin.. "coffee is God" I proudly wore back then.
    Now I drink 2 -3 cups of coffee a day.. and about the same in Green tea.

-al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Heres a t-shirt for the coffee lovers...

Coffee-Worship-T-Shirt-(1498).jpg

get it here...
    http://www.northernsun.com/Coffee-Wo...281498%29.html

Its on my list.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

That is a lot of coffee being drank . I'm assuming a good chunk of change gets set aside for the coffee fairy?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I pay about $8 per bag of ground Starbucks Sumatra at Walmart. Each empty bag is good for a free cup at Starbucks, putting the cost at $6 per bag. I have a grinder but got tired of doing it every day.

Registered Member Driftwood Mike's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike

Kona or Jamaican Blue, whole beans rule!

Bump this up as I am enjoying a real good cup of java right now..

My wife and I have recently rediscovered our Love of good coffee. I got her a small manual French press coffee maker and hand grinder for the holidays , and picked up simple metal sieve for one cuppers for myself. We grind the darker roasts and use those... Absolutely delicious. Though we normally buy low fat milk,for cereals etc.. for the coffee, we usually add evaporated milk. Works like creamer without all the crude they put in it. Many times I will drink it straight up black as well, depend on my mood.

Coffee lovers out there?

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Bump this up as I am enjoying a real good cup of java right now..

My wife and I have recently rediscovered our Love of good coffee. I got her a small manual French press coffee maker and hand grinder for the holidays , and picked up simple metal sieve for one cuppers for myself. We grind the darker roasts and use those... Absolutely delicious. Though we normally buy low fat milk,for cereals etc.. for the coffee, we usually add evaporated milk. Works like creamer without all the crude they put in it. Many times I will drink it straight up black as well, depend on my mood.

Coffee lovers out there?

al
    Wow Al, this was a random thread! I too am enjoying a cup as I write this. School break week is flying by so here I am. Enjoying my coffee with you. We have some really good coffee roasters here in Rochester. My favorite is called Finger Lakes Coffee and they do a really nice Jamaican Me Crazy. A bit nutty but not overwhelming. They have a nice selection of beans whole or they will grind them for you. You can also sit in and have a cup there.

My husband coined a phrase for the really strong coffee he likes- he calls it "savage fee".

My favorite on the road coffee (believe it or not) is from the Fastrak gas stations. Not sure if you have them there but ours have machines that grind each cup fresh on the spot. I love their Columbian. I can buy a cup, drive to school, work all day and get back in my car and still smell the freshly ground coffee! The cup has long since been consumed and thrown away but the glorious scent remains. You know how coffee usually smells better than it tastes? This tastes as good as it smells.

So yes, here's to you Al, and your morning cup of savage fee- enjoy!
    "You can't trust water: Even a straight stick turns crooked in it." -W.C.Fields

LOl Thanks Jenene! Right back at you!

Fastrak gas stations. Not sure if you have them there but ours have machines that grind each cup fresh on the spot
    Now thats what I call innovative! We don't have any near me, but I would love it if they did!

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Steve

Having my first mug as I write. We in the northwest are known for our coffee. I drink Sumatran French roast, black. We have our own grinder and use the cone drip method. There are also coffee stands all over the place here. My favorite chain in town is called The Human Bean.
    Lifting dictionaries literally strengthens your muscles.

Real Name
    Eric

I couldn't keep up with the water change schedule without coffee!!

Real Name
    Casey

Coffee is the catalyst which holds my morning together. I appreciate many different types of coffee. One of my favorite is Vietnamese coffee. I prefer bold, "strong like bull" coffee. I actually really like espresso too. I have read quite a few posts on here about Starbuks and I have to let you in on a secret. They get their "consistency of flavor" for that "Starbuks taste" by overroasting their beans WAYYY to much. So their signature is "burnt" lol. They just cover it up with all sorts of fancy flavors and tchotchkes they add to the coffee.

If you ever get a chance to try a place called 7 Leaves in Southern California, their coffee is incredible. There are a few of them around. They're growing quickly.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! - Hunter S Thompson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123