ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: how can I get notifications?

Real Name
    Austin

Default how can I get notifications?

Hellos,
    since tapatalk is no longer in use how can I get a notification when someone replies to a post? And how can I subscribe to a thread.
    thanks Austin

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: how can I get notifications?

Hi Austin, once you are in a thread go to the top of the thread and along the topmost post you will see a menubar with Thread Tools. Click on the arrow on the right of Thread Tools and the select the third option "Subscribe to this thread...". You will be taken to a different screen where you can select the notification type.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

You can also set notifications by default on your account by:

- Click Settings in the upper right corner of the forum
    - Scroll down to General Settings on the left side menu
    - Under the Messaging & Notification section, select the drop-down menu next to Default Thread Subscription Mode:
    - Click the Save Changes button at the bottom right when you're done

"Through control panel only" is the option I use. Every time a new, unread reply is available for a thread you're subscribed to, the thread will show up in your User Control Panel (accessed by clicking Settings in the upper right corner of the forum).

"Instantly, using email" will send a notification to your email as soon as someone replies to a thread you're subscribed to.

"Daily, using email" and "Weekly, using email" will send you a single email in digest form either once a day or once a week, letting you know that threads have new replies. As these are not instantaneous, they're probably not the option you're looking for.

I use the control panel only option because I check into Simply frequently and I don't want a bunch of emails telling me I have new replies, but others may like that option if they only check the forum as needed.

Real Name
    Austin

Awesome thanks