AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: January Photo Contest - ALL other ornamental fish

Real Name
    Matt

Default January Photo Contest - ALL other ornamental fish

Dear SimplyDiscus Membership,

We are be accepting photo's for January's photo contest starting today and continuing through the entire month. We are looking for some good participation this month!!

The theme for January is ALL other ornamental fish and here's a chance to showcase ALL of those other types of fish you have in your fishrooms or side tanks! Any type of fish that is not a discus! Other Cichlids, barb, tetras, anything!! Anything EXCEPT a discus. As before we ask members to only submit one photo for the contest. Also please provide your name and SimplyDiscus username so we can use a person's SD handle vs their first name, last initial.

The prize for this month is: TBD

Rules for submissions:

1) You must be the person that took the picture and has permission to use it.
    2) You must email a high resolution image to us at the provided email address. Your submission gives us permission to use the photo for this contest, host it on an offsite location and post it in a poll on Simply Discus. Please provide name and SimplyDiscus username as part of the submission.
    3) IF a photo is required you will provide a single image, no videos will be allowed unless the theme for that month is "videos". Please only submit one photo or video for any theme.
    4) Images may be cropped and have routine Post Production carried out, for example white balance adjustment, exposure adjustments, lens corrections and general tone adjustments. Unless otherwise specified images may not be significantly modified by excessive cloning or compositing.
    5) Ideally 10 Mbs as an image size maximum should be the goal. Images that are too large will be returned to the submitter for resizing.
    6) No watermarks or names can be shown on the picture.
    7) Images that are submitted can not have been posted here on Simply or anywhere else.

How to submission:

Once you are ready to submit your photos; email them to photo@simplydiscus.com for submission. Submissions will be accepted for the entire month. A member of the SimplyDiscus team will receive the photos and upload them to a hosting website. The poll thread with the month's submissions will be posted the first day of the next month and open for voting until the 10th of the month after which the winner will be announced. Since winners are determined by poll, all registered members of SimplyDiscus including Admins, Moderators, Sponsors, and Subscription holders are eligible to participate.

We have tried to anticipate all issues and make the rules clear and concise, but should an issue or problem arise we maintain all rights to resolve it as we see fit. You agree to this by your submission.

Themes

The theme for the month of February is TBD. If you have any suggestions for themes we should consider for an upcoming contest feel free to PM myself or rickztahone with them, we would love to hear your suggestions/ideas!
    Last edited by Discus-n00b; 01-05-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: January Photo Contest - ALL other ornamental fish

We are past the midway point for this month. We have good submissions so far. Please send us your submissions before the end of the month . Pics can be of ANY of your other fish!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Just a few days left people. Join the fun and show us your fish, ANY fish! This opportunity doesn't come up very often, so please share with us.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Clocks Ticking everyone, Get those pics in!
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Submissions are now closed.

Cafepress.com