ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New member

Registered Member
    Real Name
    shane

Default Re: New member

Sorry guys been away with work thanks tanks tee that explains a lot and I should have figured that out lol. Right another question I have been messed about by my tank builder so am going to order from someone else am going for a 4x2x2 now my question is should I get it sumped or use a canister filter and also how many discus could I keep as a planted display with how many cardinals and corys thanks guys

Registered Member
    Real Name
    shane

Am going to grow out in a 60 gallon bbe before I transfer to the planted thanks guys

Registered Member
    Real Name
    shane

Right then guys I have a plan and want to run it through you first to see if I'm on the right track. I have ordered a 4x2x2 with sump delivery expected to be 6 to 8 weeks. In the sump I'm going to run 200 micron filter sock bio balls and some different grade filter pads from coarse to fine. Return pump is going to be eheim compact 3000 and 2 eheim jäger 300w heaters all controlled of an apex controller I have from my reef tank. Lighting am thinking of customising my own led layout with Cree led whites a couple of royal blues and a couple of reds all attached to electrical trunking so I can hide the wires in the hood. Stocking wise am planning on growing out 12 discus and once adults lightly plant the tank and add 100 cardinals 16 steebai corys and a pair of German blue rams or Bolivian rams does this sound like a plan thanks in advance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123