created by rickztahone :

This is your Flickr main page. You click "Upload" (circled in red) to start the uploading process.

Click "Choose photos and videos"

At this point, you simply find your photo(s) wherever you have them. You do not have to do them one by one, you can do many at a time.

I chose 1 photo in this case. At this point you can click Upload on the top right, or you can add options to the picture(s) at this point which include:
Adding Description to each photo, or as a group
Adding a tag. If you add tags, when people search through the Flickr search bar, yours will pop up
Adding people. If you add friends/family to your profile, you can add them through this feature
Adding to albums allows you to add to any album you have created.
Add to groups (please see next photo)

Lastly, Owner settings allows you to set pics so that only friends and family can see, or the public in general.

After you have done all your feature adds, simply click the upload on the top right (circled in green) first, and this will pop up (circled in red). Click "upload"

At this point, your photo(s) will be uploaded to your Flickr Page. Click the photo you would like to link to the forum, in this case, the Jellyfish pic

This screen shows the lightview version of the photo. If you notice, on the bottom right, you will see an arrow icon (circled in red). Click this, and you will get a pop-up menu. Select the "BBCode" (circled in green). Select the size output you would like (circled in Blue). Once you have done all these things, simply right click the generated code and copy it.

At this point, you can simply paste that BBCode anywhere on the forum. I started a fake thread on Simply to demonstrate the link.

The finished product

It may seem like a lot of steps, but it really takes less than a minute to do this. If you get practice, you can do it much faster than that.

One thing to keep in mind, if your Flickr account doesn't look like mine, it may be that you are on the older version of Flickr. Make sure you are fully updated on the newest version.

If you have any questions, please let me know.