ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Beginner needing some expert advice

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Noreen

Default Re: Beginner needing some expert advice

This drama I could do without. All the fish at this point don't appear to want to each much. I try lots of variety, but I don't see them eating a whole lot, and they sure aren't pooping much. Everything seems good, water changes getting done, water parameters great, fish look to be healthy, swimming normally although they appear to hang out in the darker corner of the tank. Their tank is in a corner of the living room, out of any heavy traffic (lol, just me and my husband here). Anyone know some magic words to get them eating. I just keep trying and hoping that they will start eating again. Stay tuned

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Noreen, I suggest you start a new thread in the Emergency-Room section of the forum and fill out this questionnaire Disease-Questionnaire-please-complete. If you can include pictures that would be helpful.
    Pat
    Noreen, I still would suggest this.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Forgive me, it's likely this has been covered already, is a long read this thread, and time isn't as long for me.

Do you age your water? Do you use a quality water conditioner such as prime or safe?
    You mention earlier in the thread you used to ranch, that implies well water. Do you use a water softener?
    I'm thinking it's something simple that had your kids upset.
    Last edited by Cullymoto; 04-29-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Noreen

Yes, we are on well water. Well water here is great, not like most Alberta wells. I do water changes straight from the tap, temp matched and run in very slowly. I do also use Prime and we do not use a water softener. I will follow Pats advice and try to start a new thread when I get home this evening, that way all info will be in one place instead of this lengthly thread. Thank you for your interest

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112