ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New puppy,we lasted about a week.

Default Re: New puppy,we lasted about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    I hear you Ryan. I stated earlier we were that way. Honestly wanted a more affectionate breed and lol that's a pit bull. Sorry about your dog. 7 yrs isn't long enough.
    Thank you. Such a pretty dog. Once you fall in love with the breed you are hooked

As a kid my dad always told me to never bring a pitbull home. Some friends and I were out offroading once and a little black and white female pit came out of nowhere and followed us for miles so I eventually brought her home. As you could imagine my dad want too happy but before you know it he fell and love and made her his hunting dog. She outperformed all of his friends expensive hunting breeds
    Im not illiterate...only my phone's auto correct is

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    Thank you. Such a pretty dog. Once you fall in love with the breed you are hooked

As a kid my dad always told me to never bring a pitbull home. Some friends and I were out offroading once and a little black and white female pit came out of nowhere and followed us for miles so I eventually brought her home. As you could imagine my dad want too happy but before you know it he fell and love and made her his hunting dog. She outperformed all of his friends expensive hunting breeds
    What kind of hunting did your dad do?
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    What kind of hunting did your dad do?
    Just about anything lol. But he used to take her deer hunting. Being really short and only 40 pounds of solid muscle she could bust right through brush that the other dogs couldn't and when they got a kill she wouldn't let another dog near it.

Now he has a short hair with champion blood lines for bird hunting

It's kinda common depending on the hunting pack to include a pit bull. Other dogs may be hesitant but when the pit catches up it leads the attack.

I can see a Pit being good at that.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    That is indeed a pure pit. I've owned pits for over 16yrs now. I have made it my mission to change people's misconceptions about them.
    Nothing like a good bulldog. I no longer use the pitbull name as much. When you tell people you have a bulldog you don't get that stupid look and condescending tone that most seem to think they should let you know what a bad decision you made. I've owned some type of bulldog my entire life. My outright favorite was a Bull Terrier named Blaze. She was a special dog in more ways than one.
    Nice looking dog Bill.
    They don't call them catch dogs for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Nothing like a good bulldog. I no longer use the pitbull name as much. When you tell people you have a bulldog you don't get that stupid look and condescending tone that most seem to think they should let you know what a bad decision you made. I've owned some type of bulldog my entire life. My outright favorite was a Bull Terrier named Blaze. She was a special dog in more ways than one.
    Nice looking dog Bill.
    They don't call them catch dogs for nothing.
    I'm confused... pitbull and bulldog are not one in the same

A pit is a type of bulldog, as are Boxers and Am Staffs, and Bull Terriers and many other breeds.
    Mama Bear

A pitbull is a terrier.

American pitbull terrier

They would be considered a bully breed but they are not a bulldog. Nor is a bull terrier or staffy
    Last edited by Ryan925; 07-22-2017 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan925 View Post
    A pitbull is a terrier.

American pitbull terrier

They would be considered a bully breed but they are not a bulldog. Nor is a bull terrier or staffy
    They all have bulldog and some terrier in them. Some have more bulldog that terrier and vice versa. When you say Bulldog you are referring to the purebred Bulldog? Today's Bulldog has the same roots but with no terrier added in. Today's Bulldog has been selectively bred for the show ring to be extreme in appearance and physically unsound, but they sure are snorin', droolin', huffin' and puffin' lovers.
    Mama Bear

They all have bulldog and some terrier in them. Some have more bulldog that terrier and vice versa. When you say Bulldog you are referring to the purebred Bulldog? Today's Bulldog has the same roots but with no terrier added in. Today's Bulldog has been selectively bred for the show ring to be extreme in appearance and physically unsound, but they sure are snorin', droolin', huffin' and puffin' lovers.
    I will respectfully disagree. A pitbull is a pitbull. It's not a mix of breeds. It's classified as a terrier and not a bulldog.
    I understand it's lineage came from bulldog and terrier but that doesn't mean they are bulldogs today.

As for bulldogs yes our new little frenchie is a snoring machine
    Last edited by Ryan925; 07-22-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Registered Member

So you out cross a bull terrier with you APBT. What do you tell people you have?

People judge most all bully breeds as "pitbull". Most couldn't tell the difference between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a Staffordshire or APBT. They all go back at some point to mastiff and bull dog of some type and Terriers.
    It was a general statement I never meant to confuse anyone.

And last you have the American bulldog

We will agree do disagree. I adore Frenchies. The face and the ears are simply irresistible. No terrier blood in them, for sure. They are pure sweetness.

Last I heard, Carol Roberts was crossing French Bulldogs with Chihuahuas. I have nothing against people who work crossing breeds with a vision in mind. Indiscriminate breeding without regard for soundness, just to make a buck is what irks me.
    Mama Bear

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    So you out cross a bull terrier with you APBT. What do you tell people you have?

People judge most all bully breeds as "pitbull". Most couldn't tell the difference between a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a Staffordshire or APBT. They all go back at some point to mastiff and bull dog of some type and Terriers.
    It was a general statement I never meant to confuse anyone.

And last you have the American bulldog
    Agreed 100+ years ago bulldogs and terriers were crossed to create the pitbull, amstaff etc. You are correct all of these breeds are originally derived from some sort of the old world bullys.

There are many bully breeds and unfortunately they have a bad rap.

They all can be great dogs. As with any animal nature is a big part but nurture is also a big piece of the puzzle

We will agree do disagree. I adore Frenchies. The face and the ears are simply irresistible. No terrier blood in them, for sure. They are pure sweetness.

Last I heard, Carol Roberts was crossing French Bulldogs with Chihuahuas. I have nothing against people who work crossing breeds with a vision in mind. Indiscriminate breeding without regard for soundness, just to make a buck is what irks me.
    Since getting our frenchie we have been doing lots of homework to be sure to care for his special needs. We are now seeing these "micro" frenchies. Why anyone would want to add to a dog that can already have potential health problems or genetic defects is beyond me. I suppose it's all about $ at some point. If they sell I guess that's what's important to that person

Was tough to lose are pit as these two guys were the best of buds already. This tiny little frenchie is absolutely fearless with a 60 pound pitbull.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast