AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: 3D Ledge background by Universal Rocks

Default 3D Ledge background by Universal Rocks

I installed a 3D "Ledge" Universal Rocks background into my 165 Gallon tank a couple of months ago. The plants were added this past week so they are just starting out.
    Had to remove all of my fish for a few days while the silicone cured (siliconed back side edges to glass), that was the most difficult part of the install.
    I drilled approx 100 small holes with an electric drill 3/8 bit in inconspicuous places, so now my heater and both canister filter intakes are concealed behind. The only visible equipment are the spraybar returns and a thermometer. Overall I'm very happy with the background, and the fish seem to like it as well. They spend alot of time grazing on the various ledges and outcroppings, and seem more interested in their surroundings.
    I'm not sure if the picture captures just how nice it looks, but I definitely recommend this product.
    IMG_0793.jpg

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Re: 3D Ledge background by Universal Rocks

Looks great. Universal Rocks have some great products. They were a vendor at the last NADA show and I highly recomend them.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very nice. I was looking at the roll kind because the way my tank is braced I can not get a whole piece to go in with one go. It is a bit expensive for being a super thin roll on though. I may still do it just to avoid the horrid blue background.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

You sure Ricardo? Mine is very flexible. Tank looks good btw, I love my Universal Rocks background.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Rick

I drilled approx 100 small holes with an electric drill 3/8 bit in inconspicuous places, so now my heater and both canister filter intakes are concealed behind.
    Wont this allow for debris to build up overtime behind the background? How will you clean it?
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    You sure Ricardo? Mine is very flexible. Tank looks good btw, I love my Universal Rocks background.
    This tank has really bad braces that have small holes. Unless it can roll up it will not be possible. I remember you saying your rolled but does it roll completely or slightly?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    Wont this allow for debris to build up overtime behind the background? How will you clean it?
    I figured I'd periodically put the siphon behind the background while doing water changes to suck out any accumulated debris.