AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Think I did it this time!!

Default Think I did it this time!!

Well I keep my aquarium in my garage at my new place, and was working on my motorcycle project over the weekend. Being the dummy I am I had drained the old fuel out of the tank and left the pan of fuel in the garage over night. Walked in the garage the next morning to feed my altums and every fish is at the top of the tank gasping for air, and I lost my 2 year old f1 altum. Did a large water change and put in a couple air stones and a couple hours later they looked normal. The only problem I am having now is now that it is a couple days later they really aren't eating, even frozen bloodworms that they use to rip to shreds they don't even go after. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do, or if it's too late I might have damaged them too much.
    Chris

Default Re: Think I did it this time!!

Woops wrong section if a mod could move it please
    Chris

Real Name
    Ricardo

Chris, I would just keep changing water daily and keep trying to feed them. If they do not respond to that, then others will have to chime in with a course of action.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Eric

Are you saying that you think the fumes from the open pan of fuel caused this? I am surprised! I hope your stock's health returns. Good luck!
    .................................................. .........................

Real Name
    Ricardo

I also forgot to mention, you can also run some carbon for a while just in case you have some toxins in the water. Take it out after a few weeks.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I believe it was the fumes it was pretty strong in the garage over night and being old fuel it was pretty bad. I had changed the water a couple times and left the air stones in there a few days, they are eating again and seem to be doing better. From now on I guess I will leave the pan outside or find something to store it in.
    Chris