AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penang Eruption Discus

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Penang Eruption Discus

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kathy

Default Re: Penang Eruption Discus

Absolutely beautiful Penang. Have you bred any?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discuschill View Post
    Absolutely beautiful Penang. Have you bred any?
    no, I never did. I have never been in to the breeding aspect of the hobby. This one pictured came from Kenny originally, roughly about 5yrs ago I want to say.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Nice discus, do you have a link to a full tank shot
    Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution;
    it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny. — Aristotle

Rick I realy like the pattern on this discus

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusRob View Post
    Nice discus, do you have a link to a full tank shot
    I have a FTS floating around here somewhere. I'm at work right now and can't access Photobucket, but I will post it up later for you.

Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    Rick I realy like the pattern on this discus
    I loved it as well.

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I'll look forward to it, I love the fish, just curious about that back corner showing in the pic, getting ready to start redesigning the 75, Getting closer to taking the plunge
    Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution;
    it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny. — Aristotle

Real Name
    Ricardo

sry, this is the closest I came to a FTS on this tank. It was a 125 with 12 discus I believe. Had a river rock division that I siliconed in place.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Nevermind, I found one:

Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    no, I never did. I have never been in to the breeding aspect of the hobby. This one pictured came from Kenny originally, roughly about 5yrs ago I want to say.
    Breeding is certainly an adventure.

Thank you for the good eye on our male Penang with the Hole in the Head diagnosis.

Attachment 88202

We've been continuing with the Metro, 80% water changes, and we raised the temperature a bit. At present he's still eating very well. He eats a bit of beef heart, and is very happy with blood worms. Cautiously optimistic...

The female is doing quite well, too. Her fry are getting bigger every day. We've been administering alot of brine shrimp; they are beginning to touch the beef heart a bit too.

Attachment 88203

Is your photo of Penang recent?

Thanks again-

Registered Member

AWESOME fish Rick. If my memory serves me right those are from Pigeon Blood stock correct? If so I've been on record stating that I do not care for that linage but that there is well I likey

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discuschill View Post
    Breeding is certainly an adventure.

Thank you for the good eye on our male Penang with the Hole in the Head diagnosis.

Attachment 88202

We've been continuing with the Metro, 80% water changes, and we raised the temperature a bit. At present he's still eating very well. He eats a bit of beef heart, and is very happy with blood worms. Cautiously optimistic...

The female is doing quite well, too. Her fry are getting bigger every day. We've been administering alot of brine shrimp; they are beginning to touch the beef heart a bit too.

Attachment 88203

Is your photo of Penang recent?

Thanks again-
    Nice pictures. And no, that picture is not recent. It is roughly 5yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    AWESOME fish Rick. If my memory serves me right those are from Pigeon Blood stock correct? If so I've been on record stating that I do not care for that linage but that there is well I likey
    As far as I am concerned, Penang eruptions have no pigeon blood in their lineage. I could be wrong, as I have been proven wrong here many times, but I am pretty sure I am right on this one

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

That's a stunner Ricardo. Please pardon my ignorance, but is a Spotted Eruption the same thing, or does it have a different pattern?
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    That's a stunner Ricardo. Please pardon my ignorance, but is a Spotted Eruption the same thing, or does it have a different pattern?
    It isn't necessarily the same thing. A penange eruption has been bred with a specific goal in mind and has much more refined spotting. Both strains are very nice, but that is the only observable difference I have gathered over the years. Furthermore, I have noticed that almost all Penang eruptions have great spotting on the operculum, as opposed to many leopards that do not.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    It isn't necessarily the same thing. A penange eruption has been bred with a specific goal in mind and has much more refined spotting. Both strains are very nice, but that is the only observable difference I have gathered over the years. Furthermore, I have noticed that almost all Penang eruptions have great spotting on the operculum, as opposed to many leopards that do not.
    Thanks for the clarification Ricardo. Much appreciated
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast