ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Current Set-up

Real Name
    Steve

Default Current Set-up

I'm always trying to get the perfect pic; lighting, composition, clean tank, etc., but I end up never posting. So I'm trying to just post what I have and let go.

My "fish room" is more of a den, hence the site name. It was probably converted very early after the house was built (1964), or was always a "den", but the room is the space that might have been a single garage on the end of our shoe-box ranch home. It was our "music room" for many years (my wife and I were both semi-professional musicians, I played trombone, she played horn) and includes our small baby-grand piano. It was also the room where the dogs we used to have would live during the cold months if they were not outside, so it got dirty. Anyway, this past fall we replaced the carpet and rearranged. Much nicer! Part of that included me scaling back a couple tanks I was using for grow outs, and that I barely had enough water for anyway. (That's another thread.) So I currently have 2 75's, 2 55's, and 2 29's. I'm not trying to breed right now, but I don't mind if they develop into pairs! I hope to be able to get back to breeding this summer. All my current fish were from Kenny, except for the male PB, which is an F1 of the WB female he's paired with.

021.jpg

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Default Re: Current Set-up

Nice setup clean and orderly...... I just started putting some tanks on the ground level like shown in your photo. My question is do you have a better trick for siphoning the lower tanks because I have such a hard time with my lower ones.......Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

Real Name
    Steve

Hi Josie,
    You honor me with your question
    No, no trick. You can see I have no drain system and I'm still changing water by hand. I have a siphon hose that fits into an old pool vacuum hose, out the door, and over to the french drain. It goes pretty slowly at the end. If I were doing any more tanks, I think I would look into a power head or something like that.
    Steve

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smartinich View Post
    Hi Josie,
    You honor me with your question
    No, no trick. You can see I have no drain system and I'm still changing water by hand. I have a siphon hose that fits into an old pool vacuum hose, out the door, and over to the french drain. It goes pretty slowly at the end. If I were doing any more tanks, I think I would look into a power head or something like that.
    Steve
    Yes, I think a power head would work, good idea I will try it and get back to you...Thanks for the great advice .....Josie
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net