AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Threads I Participated In

Registered Member

Default Threads I Participated In

Hello, am I over looking something simple here? Is there a prompt that will list all the threads I particiapted in that have new post? Sometimes Ill ask a question and as you know it might take the original poster days to answer. By then I already forgot which thread it was. On another forum, under the User CP, it'll list all the threads I particiapted in that have new posts in them. Is this something that can be done here?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Threads I Participated In

If you click on your username a popup appears with "View Forum Posts". Click on that to see your most recent posts.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    If you click on your username a popup appears with "View Forum Posts". Click on that to see your most recent posts.
    Pat
    Thank you! I had seen that before, but it doesn't let you know if there had been any replies after you posted.

Real Name
    Wes

top right click on settings then look for Subscribed Threads with New Posts.
    Thank u to all guys and girls for all your help and hard work at NADA Chicago 2016 [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    top right click on settings then look for Subscribed Threads with New Posts.
    Are you automatically subscribed to a thread when you post to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo77 View Post
    Are you automatically subscribed to a thread when you post to it?
    No. Go to Settings in the upper right, then General Settings from the menu on the left. Scroll down to the section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" and set it to "Through my control panel only." Click Save Changes at the bottom. This will put threads in which you've participated into your User CP every time there is a new reply.

This will only subscribe you to any threads you post in after the change is made. It is not retroactive to include threads you've posted in prior to making the change. To find a list of your posts, follow Pat's instructions and then manually check those threads for new replies.

FYI, you can also subscribe to a thread without posting to it, if you're interested in following the discussion. This can be done at the top of the thread by clicking on the "Thread Tools" option (top right above the first post in the thread) and choosing "Subscribe to this Thread..." You can use this method to go back and subscribe to any previous threads you would like to receive new post notifications in, as well.
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-05-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    No. Go to Settings in the upper right, then General Settings from the menu on the left. Scroll down to the section titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" and set it to "Through my control panel only." Click Save Changes at the bottom. This will put threads in which you've participated into your User CP every time there is a new reply.

This will only subscribe you to any threads you post in after the change is made. It is not retroactive to include threads you've posted in prior to making the change. To find a list of your posts, follow Pat's instructions and then manually check those threads for new replies.

FYI, you can also subscribe to a thread without posting to it, if you're interested in following the discussion. This can be done at the top of the thread by clicking on the "Thread Tools" option (top right above the first post in the thread) and choosing "Subscribe to this Thread..." You can use this method to go back and subscribe to any previous threads you would like to receive new post notifications in, as well.
    Mongo, Thats from the source... follow it and you'll be fine.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Thanks for all the help.