AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting back into Discus

Real Name
    Filip

Default Re: Getting back into Discus

Champs Joe , I envy you . They kinda look better under the previous redder light to me , But I agree with Pat , they would still look good even in just a moonlight

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    I have to say it again mate, stunning group you bred and raised there!!
    Thanks Dan...waiting on round 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    they look great
    Thanks Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Your fish look great under the light Joe but heck, they would look good under any light. It was great meeting you at the 2018 NJ NADA show.
    Pat
    Thanks Pat. It was great meeting you as well Pat Oh? so its only been a little over a year? I don't feel so lazy now. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Champs Joe , I envy you . They kinda look better under the previous redder light to me , But I agree with Pat , they would still look good even in just a moonlight
    Thanks Filip....i like seeing them ever which way too
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

I wish I owned that spotted blue scorpion.
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    I'm greedy . i wish I owned them all Liz

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Sayid

Hi Joe;
    I have not check SD for a while but i have to agree with every body else that you have a magic touch when it comes to discus but none of us can repeat what you do ,well done mate they truly look lovely.
    Sayid

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by sayid View Post
    Hi Joe;
    I have not check SD for a while but i have to agree with every body else that you have a magic touch when it comes to discus but none of us can repeat what you do ,well done mate they truly look lovely.
    Sayid
    Thanks Sayid, but you need to stop inflating my ego. Hahaha.

I think its a known fact that with the right stock, proper diet, and good water, and in my circumstances not necessarily doing huge daily water changes, anybody can achieve their goals no matter how big or small.....

.....in the meantime, im still working on having my first group's of spotted penang eruptions 'grand children' in my main tank. This has been my goal.

I recently sold my group of blue diamonds that were being 'care takers' of my breeding tank to another member from SD, and have now transferred what i think is a pair to still proove themselves. I'm thinking that i may have to do a swap or three, but i have patience on my side.

wish me luck

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Good for you Joe. I'm rootin for ya mate, and I hope your new pair is as well...bahahaha!

Just get a bigger tank. They are all beautiful.
    A stunted discus is like an ugly baby. You think yours is beautiful until someone has the nerve to say "Damn! That's an ugly baby"

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

The one you like is in the breeder tank which are guarding and fanning a batch of eggs as we speak. This is their 3rd attempt, and i really hope they are 3rd time lucky

Quote Originally Posted by mlw View Post
    Just get a bigger tank. They are all beautiful.
    Thanking you...yes they are beautiful.
    I don't need a bigger tank as i have been able to keep and raise 8 discus in it without any issues. The reason i separated the two is to try and get another batch of fry out of them. They are at it again, and with some practice i hope they get the job done...eggs are being laid, but im not sure if the male is doing his bit....fingers crossed

Real Name
    Daniel

Hey Joe howsit mate? We're you and your all safe during the raging inferno's back home? Seems like the rains have brought some reprieve finally. I found it highly unusual here that about 98% of the concern expressed on the news was for the animals and very little mention of the 29 humans that perished and 2500+ homes lost. It is off course very sad that so many animals and their habitats have been lost, but the concern seemed highly disproportionate. As an Aussie living here a small handful of people close to me expressed concern for my family back home, but the majority were merely shocked by the animal losses. Funny how media can create such a bent in one direction or another...
    Last edited by danotaylor; 01-27-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Which female did the spotted blue scorpion pair with?
    Mama Bear

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Hey Joe howsit mate? We're you and your all safe during the raging inferno's back home? Seems like the rains have brought some reprieve finally. I found it highly unusual here that about 98% of the concern expressed on the news was for the animals and very little mention of the 29 humans that perished and 2500+ homes lost. It is off course very sad that so many animals and their habitats have been lost, but the concern seemed highly disproportionate. As an Aussie living here a small handful of people close to me expressed concern for my family back home, but the majority were merely shocked by the animal losses. Funny how media can create such a bent in one direction or another...
    Hi Dan.
    All is good in my neighborhood, though the fires did come close, and one of our neighboring suburbs in Melbourne was evacuated as a safety precaution. With more rain falling most of the fires have been contained, but some are still causing issues. It seems the media have turned their attention on other more important things now, but at least we get to hear about animal that have been cared for and released back into the bush. Lots of support has been given, and money raised for both, and like you i am a little shocked that the animals get as much, if not more, coverage. Unfortunately this is the way things are now. In the meantime thousands of people have been displaced, lost homes, and even loved ones. You may have heard that one of the water bombers sent to help us from the States, crashed, and its American crew killed. It is my belief that our government is very weak and supports the minority groups that don't want farmers grazing their cattle in the high country from fear of the damage they cause some of the fauna and flora, or back burning in the spring, and killing the poor nesting birds. As you know these things would have had a huge impact on what has occurred, but this is the way it is. The councils also need to ease up and allow people in the bush to clear trees from around their homes, instead of issuing them with $100,000 fines. There was one case in one of the burning towns where a person reported their neighbor for cutting trees to save his home, not knowing that they had a permit. Now that's neighboring love right there. Anyway. Thanks for checking in on me, and fingers crossed that some drastic changes are made to help save more homes, people and animals in the future.

Which female did the spotted blue scorpion pair with?

spotted.jpg

Well Joe if you ever are in a bind with those fires, then you always have a place for your discus to stay at my house

All jokes aside, glad to hear all is good. They've had a lot of coverage here in the states of what's going on in Australia
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Well Joe if you ever are in a bind with those fires, then you always have a place for your discus to stay at my house

All jokes aside, glad to hear all is good. They've had a lot of coverage here in the states of what's going on in Australia

That's very thoughtful of you, and i'll be sure to keep that in mind

Both Australia and America have helped each other out in these situations, and will continue to do so. These sure are tough times for alot of people, not to mention all the small businesses going under now because of lack of tourists visiting their towns.

Real Name
    Daniel

Glad to hear you're safe Joe. It's crazy how crisis situations like this expose absurdities in how we are governed. I was very happy to hear that the US sent help, and super sad about the water bomber crash that killed the those US volunteers.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and my Homeland mate!
    Peace

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast