AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ram type

Default Re: Ram type

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Just another birth defect bred in them to catch the eye.Such as scoliosis or spina bifida.
    +1. "Short-bodied" or "balloon" fish, including bulldog discus, often have a spinal deformity that causes the body to be pinched or shorter. However, the internal organs are no different, so now you have all those organs crammed into a body half the length that it should be. IMO it's a cull and shouldn't be bred into healthy fish, but yet here we are with tons of short-bodied and balloon fish being highly sought after in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    don't know why but this made me laugh...
    yea me too

Real Name
    Mervin

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    +1. "Short-bodied" or "balloon" fish, including bulldog discus, often have a spinal deformity that causes the body to be pinched or shorter. However, the internal organs are no different, so now you have all those organs crammed into a body half the length that it should be. IMO it's a cull and shouldn't be bred into healthy fish, but yet here we are with tons of short-bodied and balloon fish being highly sought after in the market.
    I'm with you,that is why I don't like bulldogs.To me there just culls.But we could make a whole tread on this.Obviuosly there is a growing market for these fish.We are starting to see them in a lot of species lately.

These rams seem really shy, always hiding after a week, they only eat food off the bottom, never seen them go for it as it is put in tank, including frozen bloodworm.
    checked all the water parameters evrything seems ok, any ideas, or is this normal, they are only small so therefore young, but i would have thought they would be a bit more active !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12