AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!! 14 years and going strong! Lets Celebrate!

Exclamation Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!! 14 years and going strong! Lets Celebrate!

I always get a little sentimental this time of year. Its hard to believe that our forum is entering its 14th year of existence. By forum standards, this website is OLD!!!!! WE have been lucky over the years to have some incredible members that have helped this site in so many ways. Some have stayed in the hobby and some have moved on. They all left their mark in some way and have helped make this website the excellent place it is today. Websites are a dime a dozen, but what we have here is not just a website, its not just a face book group, or a huge social media site, Its more. Its a community of Discus Keepers, Discus Lovers, and Friends. A place where you can come for help, come to share , come to learn about Discus and make connections that can last you a life time. We have a wide mix of colorful individuals here, we have people with huge hearts that step up and try help others in the community. And we have some of the most experienced discus keepers on the planet that call this place home. This forum has been a blessing to many hobbyists getting started and its been a source of support for those having issues. In many ways we are like a family here. We may not always agree and we may get irritated by someone here, but at the end of the day, One thing binds us together..That crazy passion for a round cichlid we call "Discus" and our Home on the web , "SimplyDiscus"

To celebrate this occassion we have a few things we will be doing this month. Foremost is we will be starting the party off with a special birthday auction here. Lawrence Soon of Lucky Tropical has pulled out all the stops and hand raised and picked for us a group of 4 beautifully spotted Discus that we plan to auction off. Josie and Miranda of Chicago Discus have been kind enough to facilitate this by importing these fish, and will ship them for Lawrence to the winner of the auction. They will also be generously paying for the shipping.

Other things you can look forward to is a very special spot light where our guest is non-other than SimplyDiscus itself. DiscusPaul has worked very hard on this interview. As you can imagine a forum as large as Simply is very busy.

Another thing we will be doing is a special drawing for an anniversary t-shirt that 5 members will have the chance to receive free.

I'm still kicking around a few other things but those will be surprises .

Please Join me in wishing SimplyDiscus a very Happy Birthday this Month. WE may be going into our 14th year, but trust me, we are just getting started!

Thank you everyone, and Thank you SimplyDiscus, You've been a close friend through the years, and I do think I would be very lost without you and the community here.

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 04-03-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!! 14 years and going strong! Lets Celebrate!

Well Happy Birthday...and pass the cake please.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member

Default Re: Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!! 14 years and going strong! Lets Celebrate!

Happy Birthday Simply, and thanks to you AL, without you none of this would have happened. I've been here since the beginning from Jeggs to Simply and it's been a great ride.

Real Name
    Bud Smith

Happy B Day - living where I do most people do not even know what a discus is. Simply is my connection to all phases of discus keeping. A great forum with some good people.
    Bud

Registered Member

Very Happy Birthday!

How old would that be in discus years? You know a dog year is about 7 to 1 in Internet years it is Ancient!

Congrats!
    Last edited by oliverk; 04-03-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Happy Birthday Simply!! And a big THANK YOU to those that make it possible!!!
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Real Name
    Ralph

Let's celebrate... Happy 14th Birthday to Simply Discus.
    Could not have been possible first without the hard work by Simply staff behind scenes but mostly because of the great Simply member community that has been established throughout the years.
    Cheers, I'll drink to that
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Happy birthday to you ! Happy birthday dear Simply, happy birthday to you !

This is phenomenal effort by the Simply team and all the moderators ! Hats off to you guys .

Registered Member

Happy Birthday!

Real Name
    Christopher G

Happy Birthday Simply Discus !

Real Name
    Matt

Happy Birthday SD. Rufus

Real Name
    Mat

Happy birthday simply! Cheers!

Registered Member

Happy Birthday Simply!!!
    You're a midlle-aged teenager now so behave yourself.

Keep up the good work Al

Rob
    There are fish...there are beautiful fish... then there are discusfish

Registered Member

Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast