AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: External Sore Treatment question

Registered Member

Default External Sore Treatment question

Discus friends and experts. I reach out to you to see if you can help. One of my large male discus has an external sore that has gotten a little bigger since it showed up about 6 weeks ago. He still eats and participates in spawning. He is one of two dominate males in the tank and there is some competition between the two dominate males.

The sore is whitish red... here is a picture. The whitish part is slightly cotton like.

Do you have a recommendation how I can treat this? He is one of my best.

Default Re: External Sore Treatment question

Hi there. I saw this post and recalled some advice given by Al, the forum owner. Take a look at this thread.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...dine-H2O2-etc)
    ​Greg

Registered Member

Thank you. I suppose I need to try this. It's not healing but and fish is ok otherwise. He's onebof my best donuts worth a try. I wondercwhat caused it.

Thank you. I suppose I need to try this. It's not healing but and fish is ok otherwise. He's onebof my best donuts worth a try. I wondercwhat caused it.
    lol... I do that all the time when typing on the phone!

Definetly try the topical swab.. also,.. do you have plecos? They have been known to do this and they will repeated go to that spot to feed,

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

My Discus never healed on his own. I did nothing except maintain water quality. He's eating fine and partnering with females during spawning.

Tomorrow I plan to set up my hospital tank which is a 20 gallon and I'm going to add a little salt as suggested.

The link to the previous post regarding topical iodine application helped me plan my treatment. I bought two types of iodine today. Ones anti bacterial and the other is clear anti fungal.

Does anyone else have an opinion otherwise I'm going to do the topical treatment described in the above link.

Should I do a salt dip or just sLt the hospital tank water using one tablespoon for 20 gallons.

This fish in one of two large blue males in my tank. If really like to heal him and keep him.

Registered Member

I don't have any précis. Just tetras, hatchets, Rams, and corys with my discus. I also scaled back to 7 adults in my 150G.

Registered Member

I'd like to post pictures of my hospital tank from my iPhone. How do I do it?