AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Help Ro isn't working ????

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Luke Timothy Sippel

Default Help Ro isn't working ????

I changed my Ro water filters and the water that's going in is around 7.5 but the water going out is 9.5. The tds are 900. I read the gh with the test solution api and with one drop I could barely see it turning green which it should turn but t didn't get dark green till 4 drops. It is installed in this order: from two ten micron membranes to a carbon , then to a Ro membrane, and then at the end a post carbon. Pls help soon so I can hook my Ro back up because the old membranes were plugged up and not working properly after a half year. Could the carbon be causing the problem? Ok well.......

Pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!😔

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Luke Timothy Sippel

Default Re: Help Ro isn't working ????

I just retested after waiting a couple minutes and the water coming out before was grey from the charcoal but now it's clear and the tds is at 70 but nothing else changed .

Registered Member

You always have to flush few liters (16l for 1500 gal filter) and and discard that flushed ro water when you change your filters on your ro.

There are excellent instructional videos at bulkreefsupply.com that describe R/O systems, and how they should operate, and how to diagnose what needs changing, when. Just a thought. Good luck.