AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon d5500 iso settings

Default Nikon d5500 iso settings

HI I just got this camara, and I am finding my way around it without too much pain, but one setting is causing me a headache, the ISO sensitivity setting, you can specify a range but i am getting myself confused. any advise would be appriciatiated, i want to shoot mainly in manual or aperture priority, but want the camara to use any available ISO from 100-26000, I had it set great takinig photos with very little light handheld, but somewhere along the line I changed something !!!!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Nikon d5500 iso settings

You are looking for auto iso feature if your camera supports this option.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Yes I know that, it is what setting to apply to auto ISO and ISO sensitivity that have me confused

Real Name
    Ricardo

Sry, I do not follow. On my camera if I set it to auto iso, then my camera gives me the option to set the low and high end of the iso. For example I always choose iso 100 as base and 1600 as a ceiling. Is this what you aRe asking?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Sry, I do not follow. On my camera if I set it to auto iso, then my camera gives me the option to set the low and high end of the iso. For example I always choose iso 100 as base and 1600 as a ceiling. Is this what you aRe asking?
    That's what I was asking thanks, but why not use the full range of the available ISO range ?

DSC_0311.jpg

Taken last night on lowest Jpeg setting,for uploading as file size on normal are around 7mb per picture and 26mb on fine, what is best way to post pictures on here, taken at a higher quality and larger file size

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan View Post
    That's what I was asking thanks, but why not use the full range of the available ISO range ?
    Its a personal matter for me. I don't like high iso shots if I can help it. Additionally, some cameras deal with high iso better than others.

DSC_0311.jpg

Taken last night on lowest Jpeg setting,for uploading as file size on normal are around 7mb per picture and 26mb on fine, what is best way to post pictures on here, taken at a higher quality and larger file size
    Again, personally I always go for the highest quality (RAW) and then resize down for posting online. This is not the best option for everyone, especially those lacking an editing program

Cafepress.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor
    Real Name
    Jamie Elder

I always shoot raw in manual ...400 iso and just dink with the aperture till I get the look I want . Nikon 3300 I can't ever get great shots in auto without an external flash Or tons of extra light

I have shot in raw, but to be honest, I am not familar with the whole imaging adjustments in any programme and file resizing, I will play around and try to learn more

I have uploaded my first photos to photobucket here is the link, I think this way i can up the image size and quality.

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/TeT...0Fish%20Photos

Real Name
    Ricardo

Your pics look nice. The pb one is the stand out in the group. Great job. You can take the image code link and insert here and it will place your photo here.

Cafepress.com

SimplyDiscus Sponsor
    Real Name
    Jamie Elder

That's how I shot these anyway .... not perfect but I'm learning like you ;-)FB_IMG_1430367885505.jpgFB_IMG_1430367881099.jpgFB_IMG_1430367876256.jpg

SimplyDiscus Sponsor
    Real Name
    Jamie Elder

your pics look pretty darn good to me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Your pics look nice. The pb one is the stand out in the group. Great job. You can take the image code link and insert here and it will place your photo here.
    Sorry not sure which photo you mean by pb as the stand out one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Discus View Post
    That's how I shot these anyway .... not perfect but I'm learning like you ;-)FB_IMG_1430367885505.jpgFB_IMG_1430367881099.jpgFB_IMG_1430367876256.jpg
    These are nice photos

Real Name
    Ricardo

Sorry not sure which photo you mean by pb as the stand out one ?
    This one

Very natural looking shot with accurate (what seems to be) wb

Cafepress.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast