AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: First photos with new camara

Default First photos with new camara

Here is a link to view my first photos with the Nikon D550
    all shot on manual with shutter 125, aperture 5.6, hopefully I will get better once am I used to the camara

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/TeT...0Fish%20Photos

Default Re: First photos with new camara

I have just had a go at resizing images so three examples here, all taken with fill in flash shutter 1/100, F5.6 ISO5000

DSC_0170.jpgDSC_0342.jpgDSC_0347.jpg

Real Name
    Ricardo

Are you positive the first shot was taken with a flash? I know the other 2 were, but I suspect that the first wasn't.

Either way, as I mentioned in the other thread, that first shot is my favorite of the bunch. I will C&C the first shot here as it is the better IMHO. Your focus was almost right on the money . Try aiming for the eyes next time. Manual focus if you have to. Your settings for that first one are spot on. If you HAVE to use flash, try to diffuse it with something, maybe a piece of white paper or something. This helps reduce the harsh flash look.

Keep the pictures coming

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Are you positive the first shot was taken with a flash? I know the other 2 were, but I suspect that the first wasn't.

Either way, as I mentioned in the other thread, that first shot is my favorite of the bunch. I will C&C the first shot here as it is the better IMHO. Your focus was almost right on the money . Try aiming for the eyes next time. Manual focus if you have to. Your settings for that first one are spot on. If you HAVE to use flash, try to diffuse it with something, maybe a piece of white paper or something. This helps reduce the harsh flash look.

Keep the pictures coming
    I think your right first shot was no flash, I prefer the look of the photos without flash, I would rather use higher ISO, not really tried manual focus yet but will have a go later thanks