AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Colour of wilds

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: Colour of wilds

Nice looking group of wild's...some very nice shape & color...a little more enhanced than your previous pic, but no doubt attractive fish.
    What temp do you keep your wild's at? Can you tell me how long the Denison barb's have been with your discus? How do they do at the higher temps the discus require? They're from southern India and there natural temp range is much lower than discus's, especially during the winter. I ask because I have them and was thinking to add discus to their tank...

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Hi khooyang
    How are things going at your end of the Princess Fwy?
    Nice scape and group of wilds you have there....Did you manage to have any success breeding?
    Do you have a shop or somewhere i can view those beauties in person the next time I'm coming through Geelong?
    Who knows when that may be with all thats going on.
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Registered Member

Stunning group of fish.

Registered Member

Incredible display. Could make the cover of any discus book. Reminds me of the photos of Innes and Axelrod.

Quote Originally Posted by captainandy View Post
    Incredible display. Could make the cover of any discus book. Reminds me of the photos of Innes and Axelrod.
    AGREE! Axelrod would be proud of those!
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by peewee1 View Post
    Thanks for the nice photos. They look to be mature fish. Is that so?
    Thank you Peewee! Yes, they are matured fish.

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    Nice looking group of wild's...some very nice shape & color...a little more enhanced than your previous pic, but no doubt attractive fish.
    What temp do you keep your wild's at? Can you tell me how long the Denison barb's have been with your discus? How do they do at the higher temps the discus require? They're from southern India and there natural temp range is much lower than discus's, especially during the winter. I ask because I have them and was thinking to add discus to their tank...
    Thank you Danotaylor! Heheee..... my progress I keep this thread as it document some of my wild discus journey Yes, Torpedo bard seems to do all right in my tank, I keep them at 28 degree celcius.

Quote Originally Posted by two utes View Post
    Hi khooyang
    How are things going at your end of the Princess Fwy?
    Nice scape and group of wilds you have there....Did you manage to have any success breeding?
    Do you have a shop or somewhere i can view those beauties in person the next time I'm coming through Geelong?
    Who knows when that may be with all thats going on.
    Hi Utes, hahahaa....nice to see some one from Victoria! I bred before many years back, but now mainly importing and selling. I don't have a shop, just home business, I do only by appointment for visitor, most of my sales are via the internet Please feel free to visit our FB page at Geelong Discus:
    https://www.facebook.com/GeelongDiscus/

We used to have a website but I put that down becuase Wix is charging me too high and it's not justified.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Stunning group of fish.
    Thank you, Pitdogg

Thank you, you are too kind Captainandy!

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    AGREE! Axelrod would be proud of those!
    May I please know who's Axelrod? Sorry, I am too new to discus

Registered Member

Absolutely stunning, tank, fish and photos, I love seeing wild fish, although I can't justify the price of them here in the UK sadly. I might be just a little jealous

Absolutely spectacular I love the wilds

Jeanne

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by khooyang View Post
    Thank you Peewee! Yes, they are matured fish.

Thank you Danotaylor! Heheee..... my progress I keep this thread as it document some of my wild discus journey Yes, Torpedo bard seems to do all right in my tank, I keep them at 28 degree celcius.

Hi Utes, hahahaa....nice to see some one from Victoria! I bred before many years back, but now mainly importing and selling. I don't have a shop, just home business, I do only by appointment for visitor, most of my sales are via the internet Please feel free to visit our FB page at Geelong Discus:
    https://www.facebook.com/GeelongDiscus/

We used to have a website but I put that down becuase Wix is charging me too high and it's not justified.

Thank you, Pitdogg

Thank you, you are too kind Captainandy!

May I please know who's Axelrod? Sorry, I am too new to discus
    Before the internet, maybe 1960s to 1980s there was a guy who wrote books about all type of tropical fish. Dr. Doofus Axelrod. One book he published was on Discus. I did buy that book and used it as a guide to set up my Discus breeding program with wild Discus. The books and Dr. Axelrod seemed to be in question most of the time and was he a real doctor or just some clown who professed to know something ab out everything.

Real Name
    Fred

They are looking great, love the color, and the photography.

Keep them coming, I'm not getting bored of seing nice healthy wilds.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    David

Fantastic fish and photography. Really inspiring.

Registered Member

I used to fall asleep as a child, thumbing thru Herbert Axelrod's and Innes books because of the lovely pictures and brief blurbs on tropical fish. More than any other author they inspired my curiosity and helped me to focus my life in the sciences.

I cannot imaging anyone criticizing them.

Registered Member

I used to fall asleep as a child, thumbing thru Herbert Axelrod's and Innes books because of the lovely pictures and brief blurbs on tropical fish. More than any other author they inspired my curiosity and helped me to focus my life in the sciences.

I cannot imaging anyone criticizing them.
    The Alexrod discs book had enough information in it for me to establish a discus breeding program back in the day. His book dealt with only wild discus.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456