AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colour of wilds

Registered Member

Default Re: Colour of wilds

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi khooyang, a great looking group of wilds and so good to hear you feel like you are on the right track with them. Definitely looking forward to some more pictures, especially with a remote flash.
    Pat
    Hi hi Pat, you know I always follow your threads in SD . Your wild breeding and many types of wilds and your photography skill are amazing. Yeah...nowadays am much happier than the first time getting wild. At first due to poor QT, got hit by gram negative bacteria, then white poo I suspect HEX and so on... luckily manage to fix them all. But later realise that frequent soft water change seems to be the key to everything.

Will definitely come back to this thread and update with pictures once my remote flash trigger arrive .

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by khooyang View Post
    Thanks a lot, Matt. You take very nice pictures of your tanks. Are you using top flash light or simply fish tank's light? Your pictures are sharp and nice (just visited your Tropheus page)
    Thanks! Yes I use a top down flash, along with tank lights on.
    -Matt

Registered Member

First of all, fantastic pics worthy of commition to national geographic magazine. You could make even ugly lfs discus look like beauties. Second, niiice wilds. Third, what are tank parameters, water parameters, wc regime, filtration and their diet (types and frequency)?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Thanks! Yes I use a top down flash, along with tank lights on.
    Noted with thanks about the flash information.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by plecocicho View Post
    First of all, fantastic pics worthy of commition to national geographic magazine. You could make even ugly lfs discus look like beauties. Second, niiice wilds. Third, what are tank parameters, water parameters, wc regime, filtration and their diet (types and frequency)?
    Haha...thank you very much, Plecocicho. At the moment, these fish are in the 6 x 1.5 x 2 tank with 3 x 1.5 x2 sump. 80% water change at least twice a week with RO/tap mix. Feeding home made beef heart and home made seafood mix 3 times a day.
    Last edited by khooyang; 05-19-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Registered Member

Beautiful school of wilds.

Beautiful all around, both fish and pics! Stunning!

I almost didn't post because everyone's said what I was going to say already, but +1 to everything! I like how even though they've got plenty of room that they still school together, and their colors play off one another so nicely; great tank!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by novjoe View Post
    Beautiful school of wilds.
    Thank you very much, Novjoe

Quote Originally Posted by DISCUS STU View Post
    Beautiful all around, both fish and pics! Stunning!
    Thanks a lot, Discus STU. Happy to know you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by aquadon2222 View Post
    I almost didn't post because everyone's said what I was going to say already, but +1 to everything! I like how even though they've got plenty of room that they still school together, and their colors play off one another so nicely; great tank!
    Thank you very much, Aquadon2222. Yeap, I find that wilds seem to be more harmony compare to my domestic. I think that's just how they behave in nature as they need to be in group to get better protection.

Registered Member

Finally remote flash arrived and have been trying out for the past 3 hours, here's some results:

2Z0A0272.jpg

2Z0A0281.jpg

2Z0A0287.jpg

2Z0A0314.jpg

2Z0A0321.jpg

2Z0A0330.jpg

2Z0A0332.jpg

2Z0A0337.jpg

2Z0A0342.jpg

2Z0A0344.jpg

Real Name
    Jacklyn

sheesh, just when I go and take a good cell phone picture of my wilds and consider posting it, you throw up theses beatuies and I feel defeated...lol absolutely beautiful set up and the fist top it off. im so glad you did a semi uniform group!!
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member

Stunning I want some

Real Name
    Ricardo

Some awesome photos and discus you got there. As many here know, I am a sucker for turqs, and this bad boy/girl is super sweet. Did you recently post this discus somewhere? It looks familiar?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Some awesome photos and discus you got there. As many here know, I am a sucker for turqs, and this bad boy/girl is super sweet. Did you recently post this discus somewhere? It looks familiar?
    Hahaha..Ricardo!!! I remembered seeing your very nice turq grown up! They are amazing!!!

Haha...yes, indeed, you can find this post in SD Disease/Sickness section, wink wink...

After reading through Bleher's book, and get to know that some turq. from the Doctor, Schmidt-Focke, is actually the product of Royal discus. Love those oild-style turqs and Piwo Red Turqs.
    Last edited by khooyang; 06-03-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    sheesh, just when I go and take a good cell phone picture of my wilds and consider posting it, you throw up theses beatuies and I feel defeated...lol absolutely beautiful set up and the fist top it off. im so glad you did a semi uniform group!!
    Hi Jacklyn, I put lots of effort to take these photos Hahaa...but most importantly is the newly arrived remote flash trigger. I think that's a very important component in taking fish photography. Yeah....I regret for having the combination of wilds, but if they were just one type, I think the tank would look much better. Shame that I have a small house with limited space and tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Stunning I want some
    Haha...thanks, Ivan. Wilds are very attractive fish.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast