ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colour of wilds

Real Name
    Mauro

Default Re: Colour of wilds

I have no words. That first picture with the panoramic view of the tank is stunning. So you have one turq in the middle of all those wilds? I agree with you. Old-style turqs, especially Piwo Red Turqs, look amazing. If I did not have wilds I would have Piwo Turqs. It seems Pat agrees She has an amazing group of them.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusBR View Post
    I have no words. That first picture with the panoramic view of the tank is stunning. So you have one turq in the middle of all those wilds? I agree with you. Old-style turqs, especially Piwo Red Turqs, look amazing. If I did not have wilds I would have Piwo Turqs. It seems Pat agrees She has an amazing group of them.
    Thanks a lot, Mauro. Yeap...that's the only one domestic I have at the moment.

From Bleher's discus book, get to know that the turqs are actually from Wild Royal, and now I am doing the reverse: Creating the Royal with Turq . What do you think??? Wow...Pat has Piwo turqs as well? Man...she has got all of the most beautiful discus around. I tried to look for Piwo turqs in Australia, but can't find any. By looking at Piwo's site, there is no distributer here in Australia!!!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I do believe you are liking the remote flash and doing a nightly fine job with it too. Great pictures and fish. Yes, I had piwows at one point and sold the group to a gentleman south of me. Lets just say my heart belongs to the wilds.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Happy moment: The German red turq and one of the Wild Greens successfully bond.

Registered Member

I love the wilds ,ABSOLUTLY beautiful!!! Do you have any others or just the wilds if you don't mind me asking?I see you have some RSG's and I believe a Hecle or Two,what other types are in the tank?Im new to SimplyDiscus and am amazed at some of the Discus I'm seeing..Thanks Seam

Niiiiiice! Awesome tank, great photo quality, loooove the mix,... Did have to laugh at music. Went great with what was going on but I'm just a jackass I guess. Definitely keep us posted!
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by seankelly View Post
    I love the wilds ,ABSOLUTLY beautiful!!! Do you have any others or just the wilds if you don't mind me asking?I see you have some RSG's and I believe a Hecle or Two,what other types are in the tank?Im new to SimplyDiscus and am amazed at some of the Discus I'm seeing..Thanks Seam
    Thank you, Seankelly. I have mostly wilds. Only 1 domestic, tht's the red turq. you see spawning. I only have very limited wild stock, a few RSGs, Blues and Heckles.

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Niiiiiice! Awesome tank, great photo quality, loooove the mix,... Did have to laugh at music. Went great with what was going on but I'm just a jackass I guess. Definitely keep us posted!
    Haha....Pastry. That's the point isn't it I was browsing youtube and hear this song from Tibet, sound unique, so just grab that and put as background music. Trying to culture shock you guys Hehehe...

Registered Member

24 hours passed, they are still guarding the eggs.

Last night once they finished the job, I moved the drift wood to the corner of the tank and partition the tank with home made PVC pipes with mesh. The parents are so nice, they actually followed the drift wood as I move the wood.

For some reasons, Pleco seems to be able to find its way back to drift wood. I left a night light on, and whenever pleco is near to the egg site, the parents chase them away.

Erm....great parents so far.

Registered Member

Wake up this morning to find that the eggs are gone. Cycling breeding tank now

Registered Member

Finally....we have wrigglers Can any one predict how they are going to look like?

2Z0A8283.jpg

2Z0A8288.jpg
    Last edited by khooyang; 10-24-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Awesome. Lol
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Real Name
    Ricardo

I don't know what they are going to look like, but I may have to charge you for a new keyboard because I was drooling all over it.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Some Red Turq with black halo.

Quote Originally Posted by khooyang View Post
    Saturday shot of my tank

like these photos!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Awesome. Lol
    Thank you so much, Eddie...happy to know you like it . Now the female moves the wrigglers to the other spot and I think tomorrow I will have many free swimming. So excited!!! After keeping discus for almost 2 years, I can now have my first baby discus...

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I don't know what they are going to look like, but I may have to charge you for a new keyboard because I was drooling all over it.
    Hahaha......Ricardo....I know you are a Turq. fans Hehee....will be exciting to see how this Red turq cross RSG produce....hopefully I can reverse engineer a Royal discus ... I know is almost impossible, but I think either I get red turq or RSG or the combine of them, I will be happy .

Quote Originally Posted by warblad79 View Post
    Some Red Turq with black halo.
    Wow...that would be the fish I am after.... Hope I can reverse engineer the look of wild Royal discus.... Then I will sell off those without halo and keep only fish with halo, and then remix them with my other discus. My wild Heckels in the previous photo are growing well. Hopefully in a year time, I can cross this offspring with the Heckels .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    like these photos!
    Hahaha.....Thanks a lot, Jack ! That would be nice to have a colourful of discus produced Will keep you guys updated...... Now preparing all the equipments to hatch baby brine shrimp in 3 days' time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast