AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Heros sp. 'Curare' - potentially the real Heros severus

Default Re: Heros sp. 'Curare' - potentially the real Heros severus

It has been 3.5 years, but I have finally broken the curse *knock on wood*.

Lots of experimenting, trial and error, tearing all my hair out, swearing I'm going to give up the hobby, and then finally one went right.

Parents with wrigglers

Parents with free-swimmers

2 week old fry

5.5 week old juvies

7.5 week old juvies

12 week old juvies, almost ready for new homes

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Armando

What an amazing thread. Just read from beginning to end. Awesome job! and beautiful fish. I have some severums in my pond and they are one of my favorites in there.

btw, your last four videos are having errors. At least for me.

Real Name
    Mervin

Very nice read.I bought 7 Red Shoulder Severums,Heros severus sp. rotkeil "Rio Nanay" this past October.Also got 7 keyhole cichlids to go with them in a 6 foot tank.The ones you have the Red Tiger Severums where available from the buyer that mine came from.He ships in a lot of wild fish.Here is his current list and it changes weekly. Red Tigers that I wanted most sold out as soon as the list went up.http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/January%209.pdf
    Last edited by bluelagoon; 01-10-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando View Post
    What an amazing thread. Just read from beginning to end. Awesome job! and beautiful fish. I have some severums in my pond and they are one of my favorites in there.

btw, your last four videos are having errors. At least for me.
    Thank you! That’s odd, on my end I don’t see any errors. The videos are all public so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    Very nice read.I bought 7 Red Shoulder Severums,Heros severus sp. rotkeil "Rio Nanay" this past October.Also got 7 keyhole cichlids to go with them in a 6 foot tank.The ones you have the Red Tiger Severums where available from the buyer that mine came from.He ships in a lot of wild fish.Here is his current list and it changes weekly. Red Tigers that I wanted most sold out as soon as the list went up.http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/January%209.pdf
    My original group came from Oliver Lucanus in Canada. They’re slowly making their way through the hobby as wild-caught fish now but I have seen a lot of exporters listing them and instead sending Heros sp. Inirida which is a severum that lives alongside severus in some places but is a very different fish. I’ve seen a lot of juvies sold that are incorrect and I’m afraid a lot of people will be disappointed when they grow out their fish. I’ve always heard great things about Spencer so I’m sure his are the real real.

Real Name
    Mervin

I'm pretty sure coming from him that they are indeed the real McCoy.He had them listed as Heros efasciatus Rotkeil "Rio Nanay".Would that sound correct?I can't find a lot of new stuff on the internet on different kinds of severums and is always nice read the forums.

No, these are not rotkeil. Rotkeil are something else. These are severus from the upper Rio Negro.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567