AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Aqua RTs are where?

Default T-Aqua RTs are where?

A while back.... way back, there was a NADA raffle and Kraig from Kingdom Come Discus Haven offered up 3 Watanabe T-Aqua RTs. I thought to myself, let me support NADA and buy two tickets. Knowing full well that Rick would be buying the rest of the tickets I had to act fast if I wanted to support NADA. (kidding) I am not going to lie and say I waited anxiously to see who one. I actually forgot about the raffle. I was going to bed the night of the raffle and just happened to check my phone when an email popped up letting me know I had won. I remember saying out loud "No Flippin' Way". I logged in here and there was a video of the drawing. They said my name. Shut the front door I remember saying. Where in the hell am I going to put them? As things go in this hobby I had to buy another tank. Thankfully Petco was having a sale. A few months later and all be darned if I did not have a pair. They were breeding fools. I sold quite a lot of them and I asked Kraig if he wanted some. Of course this was during the Piwo time and Kraig let me know that he could not afford to buy any from me. I let him know I did not ask him if he wanted to buy some, I asked him if he wanted some. It was my way of giving back to him since he offered the parents up for auction. With the help of my friend Bill from Inland Empire Discus, we shipped him out a few. He took his time and grew them out and even posted to my Homesteader section here about how they were doing:

forum.simplydiscus.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=277

Well a few weeks ago Kraig contacted me to say he had to downsize for a while and wanted to know if I wanted some fish. Ummm no? Seriously? Heck yeah I wanted some fish! Do I look like a moron? (Anyone who knows me do not answer that!) I even asked if he had a female T-Aqua I could buy since mine had died. On Saturday after some trials and tribulations, I drove to the airport and picked up 13 fish sent to me from Kraig.
    Kraig my friend you did a wonderful job growing these out and thank you!

I am happy to say there are T-Aquas back at the house of Geh-Tao!

Mishka
    "No I am not sending you that video! Although cash is king!"
    ~SOS California Crew~

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: T-Aqua RTs are where?

That is awesome Mishka. Kraig is a heck of a guy.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Can't wait to see them Mishka!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Ok here are a few quick pics.

T-Aqua females

The fish on the far left is from Martha.

Another sot of Martha's fish.

This is a T-Aqua Female and her Heckle cross mate.

This is another T-Aqua sex unknown

I have a few others that I will post later.

Thanks for looking.
    Mishka
    ~SOS California Crew~

Let's start making some babies.

Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    Let's start making some babies.
    Well I am not quite ready yet. No RO water in the house, but I do not mind if they practice.

Mishka
    ~SOS California Crew~

Registered Member

Very nice!...Bill

Quote Originally Posted by William Palumbo View Post
    Very nice!...Bill
    Thanks Bill.

Mishka
    ~SOS California Crew~

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by chaoslite View Post
    A while back.... way back, there was a NADA raffle and Kraig from Kingdom Come Discus Haven offered up 3 Watanabe T-Aqua RTs. I thought to myself, let me support NADA and buy two tickets. Knowing full well that Rick would be buying the rest of the tickets I had to act fast if I wanted to support NADA. (kidding) I am not going to lie and say I waited anxiously to see who one. I actually forgot about the raffle. I was going to bed the night of the raffle and just happened to check my phone when an email popped up letting me know I had won. I remember saying out loud "No Flippin' Way". I logged in here and there was a video of the drawing. They said my name. Shut the front door I remember saying. Where in the hell am I going to put them? As things go in this hobby I had to buy another tank. Thankfully Petco was having a sale. A few months later and all be darned if I did not have a pair. They were breeding fools. I sold quite a lot of them and I asked Kraig if he wanted some. Of course this was during the Piwo time and Kraig let me know that he could not afford to buy any from me. I let him know I did not ask him if he wanted to buy some, I asked him if he wanted some. It was my way of giving back to him since he offered the parents up for auction. With the help of my friend Bill from Inland Empire Discus, we shipped him out a few. He took his time and grew them out and even posted to my Homesteader section here about how they were doing:

forum.simplydiscus.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=277

Well a few weeks ago Kraig contacted me to say he had to downsize for a while and wanted to know if I wanted some fish. Ummm no? Seriously? Heck yeah I wanted some fish! Do I look like a moron? (Anyone who knows me do not answer that!) I even asked if he had a female T-Aqua I could buy since mine had died. On Saturday after some trials and tribulations, I drove to the airport and picked up 13 fish sent to me from Kraig.
    Kraig my friend you did a wonderful job growing these out and thank you!

I am happy to say there are T-Aquas back at the house of Geh-Tao!

Mishka
    Now Now Chas,

I didn't have to slam that auction because I had already won my T-Aqua's here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ight=wantanabe

Still got them too.

-Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real Name
    Matt

LOL Rick

Nice RT's Mishka!
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    Now Now Chas,

I didn't have to slam that auction because I had already won my T-Aqua's here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ight=wantanabe

Still got them too.

-Rick
    You know I am just messing with you Rick..lol You did not start slamming the auctions until later.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    LOL Rick

Nice RT's Mishka!
    Thanks Kraig did all the work.

Mishka
    ~SOS California Crew~

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Well, I must say I thought a few months ago I just might be at the point when I may have fish to sell again in the near future. All I had left couple years ago were the ten fish Mishka sent and the 7 fish I kept from Martha Morris, then Larry and Pat sent me three Heckle crosses and in two years time I had more fish than I had tanks. To make a very long story short, I found out I need a hip replacement a few months ago and needed it bad as walking was getting to be very hard. The surgery is tomorrow morning. I thought the surgery would be a breeze but after my hip surgery class I found out it is going to take some time to get back at it. I only have a 55 gallon for water changes and I have to fill this three to four times to do water changes on the three 55s and four 20s and the 150. I knew I could not put this task on my family or friends. I contacted Mishka because in all reality the T-Aquas were Mishka's. Mishka told me she would take all the adults and send them back to me later if I found I wanted to get back into it. It was a hard thing to do but it was in the best interest of the fish that I get rid of them. I had also, contacted Larry Bugg and was planning on sending him the Piwowarski batches I have but two weeks ago my hip became so bad I found myself not able to do water changes for nearly two weeks. The next thing I know, in one tank of the Piwo. offspring the fish are dark and yesterday they had a swimming issue. These fish were isolated from the fish Mishka received and hopefully she won't have any issues with hers. Needless to say Larry's fish were not sent. Not sure how the couple tanks I have left are going to get cleaned but I do have faith it will all be alright.

I hope the 13 do well for you Mishka!!!!
    Kraig

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Come Discus View Post
    Well, I must say I thought a few months ago I just might be at the point when I may have fish to sell again in the near future. All I had left couple years ago were the ten fish Mishka sent and the 7 fish I kept from Martha Morris, then Larry and Pat sent me three Heckle crosses and in two years time I had more fish than I had tanks. To make a very long story short, I found out I need a hip replacement a few months ago and needed it bad as walking was getting to be very hard. The surgery is tomorrow morning. I thought the surgery would be a breeze but after my hip surgery class I found out it is going to take some time to get back at it. I only have a 55 gallon for water changes and I have to fill this three to four times to do water changes on the three 55s and four 20s and the 150. I knew I could not put this task on my family or friends. I contacted Mishka because in all reality the T-Aquas were Mishka's. Mishka told me she would take all the adults and send them back to me later if I found I wanted to get back into it. It was a hard thing to do but it was in the best interest of the fish that I get rid of them. I had also, contacted Larry Bugg and was planning on sending him the Piwowarski batches I have but two weeks ago my hip became so bad I found myself not able to do water changes for nearly two weeks. The next thing I know, in one tank of the Piwo. offspring the fish are dark and yesterday they had a swimming issue. These fish were isolated from the fish Mishka received and hopefully she won't have any issues with hers. Needless to say Larry's fish were not sent. Not sure how the couple tanks I have left are going to get cleaned but I do have faith it will all be alright.

I hope the 13 do well for you Mishka!!!!
    I will do my best Kraig. You get yourself fixed and let me know when you want them back. Although I am not sure I am going to send you back ALL of them...............lol If they like it here you might be getting back more than you sent. Take care and good luck with the surgery. I will send pictures of how they all are.

Mishka
    ~SOS California Crew~

Homesteader Kingdom Come Discus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaoslite View Post
    I will do my best Kraig. You get yourself fixed and let me know when you want them back. Although I am not sure I am going to send you back ALL of them...............lol If they like it here you might be getting back more than you sent. Take care and good luck with the surgery. I will send pictures of how they all are.

Mishka
    I am very sure I won't want all of them back in fact they are probably all going to stay in California. But I do thank you for taking them and for being a great friend!!!
    Kraig

Real Name
    Ricardo

I hope you get well Kraig. I know you've gone through a lot, but we are all pulling for you bud

Mishka, those are some nice turqs . Let me know when you get some babies

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast