ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Albino Platinums from Miranda. What the heck???They are already spawning in four days

Default Albino Platinums from Miranda. What the heck???They are already spawning in four days

I had the good fortune to get in on the last shipment of Albino Platinums from Chicago Discus and was delighted to get the last two 6". On the third day after delivery of these beautiful white fish one of them started to exhibit pre spawning behavior. I was a bit surprised but the following day I put in a spawning cone in their quarantine tank and low and behold they spawned two evenings ago! I'm not sure if the male ever covered the eggs but the parents have been very vigilant and as you can see from the photo they changed color, particularly the female. She has turned a light peach color. I have little if any expectation that this spawn will be viable but we shall see. Thanks Miranda for the great fish and I hope Lawrence will see these fish on this thread. Rufus
    Last edited by Rudustin; 05-25-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Default Re: Albino Platinums from Miranda. What the heck???They are already spawning in four

Default Re: Albino Platinums from Miranda. What the heck???They are already spawning in four

IMG_1057 by RUFUS D PINA, on Flickr

IMG_1060 by RUFUS D PINA, on Flickr

Sorry it took me a few tries but I finally did it. Almost forgot how to post pics from Flickr. Rufus

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Very cool Rufus, how are the eggs looking this morning?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

so excited, let's hope those eggs hatch

Hi, Well, as far as I can see without the lights on is that most of the spawn has turned white but the eggs are so clear it's hard to tell. The female is already showing signs that she wants to spawn again and now the male is coloring to that peachy color. So, I am going to continue to give updates. Thanks for asking. I also have two pairs that suddenly had a rip roaring fight for a spawning cone in a larger tank. So, I think I need to separate them because they are creating havoc in one of my 125 gallon tanks. LOL! Poor me! Just kidding. It's been a lot of fun lately in this place. Rufus

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Thanks for posting the pictures Rufus. This is excellent news. They must really be comfortable in their new home to spawn so quickly. It is very interesting that the breeding colors of the Albino Platinum seem to be a peach color. I wonder if Lawrence has seen a similar color with his Albino Platinum breeders. Any comments Lawrence? ... Miranda
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Hi Rufus, once again I am so happy to see discus using my cones. If you need any more just let me know. What beautiful fish those are and they sure must feel comfortable in the home you gave them!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoDiscus View Post
    Thanks for posting the pictures Rufus. This is excellent news. They must really be comfortable in their new home to spawn so quickly. It is very interesting that the breeding colors of the Albino Platinum seem to be a peach color. I wonder if Lawrence has seen a similar color with his Albino Platinum breeders. Any comments Lawrence? ... Miranda
    Hi Miranda, Thanks for keeping up with my emails about the APs. It would seem that the eggs all turned white so I'm pretty sure that the male did not cover the eggs. So, today I will do water change and clean the cone and let them try again and perhaps the male will get the idea this time that he's supposed to participate! LOL! I curious what Lawrence will say about the female's color change and if he's noticed this as well. She is still in the breeding color and she seems to want to spawn again. We shall see! Rufus.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Hi Rufus, once again I am so happy to see discus using my cones. If you need any more just let me know. What beautiful fish those are and they sure must feel comfortable in the home you gave them!
    Barb
    Hi Barb, How are you? How is your husband doing? Hope he's getting better. Yes, all my tanks have your cones! They seem to be getting a lot of use lately. Thanks for admiring the APs. They are beautiful and I am thrilled that they would feel so comfortable to spawn so quickly. Rufus