ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DiskusGold Planktoplus Daily Discus Pellets now available here!

Exclamation DiskusGold Planktoplus Daily Discus Pellets now available here!

Hello everyone,

I've been looking for a new food to start offering to compliment my freeze dried blackworms. It had to be something different, something that had a good nutritional profile and little in terms of junk and fillers. It had to have the right size, something really made for discus. Its not that easy to find a premium pellet like that! I even went as far as having various pellets and flakes made with my Blackworms as an ingredient. I really wasn't thrilled with any of the results, so I set it on the back burner.

Recently, I got introduced to a new Discus food maker, Axel Oldemeier, in Germany by a mutual friend of ours and got some samples of his Premium DiskusGold Pellets. Its a bit different than what is out there. More of a soft slow sinking pellet. Soft enough that even fry and juvies can eat it. I sent some samples out to a few test users, most results came back very positive. Tested it so far with discus, angels( including altums) rams, geophagus, keyholes etc. As with all new foods, it can take a little time for them to get used to it...but once they do it can be a feeding frenzy!

Check out the video here from the manufacturer...

The food is called Diskusgold® PlanktoPlus Daily.If theres a market here for it, I will be distributing it in North America. I recently got in my first small stock shipment in to see how it goes.
    planktopluseimer.jpgdoypack_planktoplusdaily.jpg597_0.jpgplanktopluslose_596_2.jpg

Axel has more information on his site( in German but google translate works well!).

http://diskus-direkt.de/shop_content.php?coID=208

The original ingredient list is in german, and so the translation is a little rough.

Diskusgold® PlanktoPlus Daily.
    The Soft granules with L-carnitine growth booster, discus vitamins and 15% plankton (brine shrimp, krill ...)
    We call it the new Smooth food because it is not hard. It is full of power:

Low humidity, lots of plankton. Brine shrimp, Artemia cysts, crustaceans and shellfish. A discus vitamin mix, an optimal protein-fat ratio, herbal ingredients complement the food and make it a powerhouse. The water stress by our PlankoPlus Daily is low. Thus PlanktoPlus Daily is the ideal complement to the frozen food basic nutrition your discus fish! The food is cold pressed, so the nutrients and vitamins are retained as possible.

Granulation is for Discus from 5 cm up to adult Discus.

Ingredients: Meat and animal derivatives (30% bovine protein extracts), vegetable by-products, fish and fish derivatives, Vegetable protein extracts, molluscs and crustaceans (10% krill 5% Artemia cysts), protein products from microorganisms, oils and fats, vegetables, yeasts, algae, vitamin premix (discus vitamins), amino acids 1000 mg / kg L-carnitine

Analysis: Crude Protein 48%, crude fat 11.8%, crude fiber 0.9%, ash 4.9%

Just wanted to share. I have been looking for something unique and different to add to my store and I am hopeful this works out. If you are in the market for a new Premium Food, please consider giving it a try. Your Discus deserve the best, thats why you feed our Freeze Dried Blackworms. I sincerely hope to see this food will be on their menu as well.

I have added it to my storefront so you can easily purchase it while shopping for your discus Freeze Dried Blackworm Needs...

Order here...
    http://aquaticsuppliers.com/DiskusGo...Pellets_c9.htm

Thank you, and Thank you Axel for the opportunity to work with you!

al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-05-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: DiskusGold Planktoplus Daily Discus Pellets now availible here!

Been waiting for this Al.

Guys, the wilds took to this food very quickly.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Jacklyn

while I do not classify this as "slow sinking" in my mind, it does look promising. this is coming from a person whos tried for 6months to get my wilds to eat anything other than your FDBW with minimal success. I have tried "slow sinking" pellets that sink much slower than these and while the discus did not eat them, the corydoras and pleco's loved them! id be willing to give them a try if you got some, but it would be a small sample size, maybe not even worth the shipping.
    ~JACKLYN~

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Been waiting for this Al.

Guys, the wilds took to this food very quickly.
    Pat
    Thanks Pat!
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    while I do not classify this as "slow sinking" in my mind, it does look promising. this is coming from a person whos tried for 6months to get my wilds to eat anything other than your FDBW with minimal success. I have tried "slow sinking" pellets that sink much slower than these and while the discus did not eat them, the corydoras and pleco's loved them! id be willing to give them a try if you got some, but it would be a small sample size, maybe not even worth the shipping.
    Thanks Jacklyn,
    I understand where you are coming from.Its hard to find a good pellet.

Best always,
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

Do these need to be pre-soaked? And do you really need any additives like garlic to make it appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by ESXiGuy View Post
    Do these need to be pre-soaked? And do you really need any additives like garlic to make it appealing?
    They do not need to be pre-soaked. Hard to describe these without having them in hand but they are softer pellets.. They should not cause bloating.

As for the additives like garlic to make it appealing? Honestly , Its hard to say what a particular fish will find appealing or not. I have had many discus here over the years that were great eaters and then I have had ones that were picky.

If you have picky discus odds are they will be picky about this food just as they are about other foods except their favorites.

That said, A hungry discus will eventually learn to add food items to their menu.

hth,
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Rick

I have tested this food for Al, and almost all my fish took to it right away, and my small juvies and large fry loved it. It's actually quite soft, and quite easy to break apart if rubbed between your thumb and index finger. I have been waiting for Al to carry something like this for a long time, so now, not only can I make his house payment, but his car payment as well (jk).
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Registered Member

Hi Al,

Looks interesting...the video showed the juvies really loving the food...I wonder how adults take to this food...it seems like the food really scatters throughout the tank. I'll be placing an order of this with the FDBWs real soon.

Lester

Quote Originally Posted by nc0gnet0 View Post
    I have tested this food for Al, and almost all my fish took to it right away, and my small juvies and large fry loved it. It's actually quite soft, and quite easy to break apart if rubbed between your thumb and index finger. I have been waiting for Al to carry something like this for a long time, so now, not only can I make his house payment, but his car payment as well (jk).
    Thanks Rick!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Quote Originally Posted by lkleung007 View Post
    Hi Al,

Looks interesting...the video showed the juvies really loving the food...I wonder how adults take to this food...it seems like the food really scatters throughout the tank. I'll be placing an order of this with the FDBWs real soon.

Lester

Lester, anytime you are ready....I am fully stocked on on FDBW and this new food as well. Thanks!

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Jacklyn

al how much for a small sample of these pellets?? or what is your smallest amount.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Ralph

I've been sold on these pellets and will post a review once order arrives.

Just ordered a double whammy.... DiskusGold and the ever popular FDBW cubes.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Just put my order in. I can't wait to try these. Most of my discus don't go for pellets but these look promising

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    al how much for a small sample of these pellets?? or what is your smallest amount.
    Jackyln, pm sent. thx

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast