ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Dissolving Prazi question

Default Dissolving Prazi question

Hi,
    I am starting a 21 day treatment of Prazi in my 90 gallon tank show tank for flukes. I bought pure prazi and am dissolving it with vodka, but am not sure if I'm doing it correctly because there was a bunch of undissolved powder particles that spread out when added to the tank water. How much vodka are you suppose to use and how long do you let it dissolve before adding it to the tank?

Thanks,
    Russ

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Koji

Default Re: Dissolving Prazi question

Why not just use PraziPro? Does it precipitate out when it hits the water? What concentration are you dosing for? Why 21 days? And does alcohol adversely affect your discus? Maybe setup a hospital tank and just treat the infected discus? If it's everywhere in the tank, I would nuke it.

No it does not precipitate out when it hits the water it's just undissolved prazi. I'm dosing at 1/4 teaspoon per 25 gallons like the instructions say. I'm treating for 21 days because that's what you have to treat for flukes to make sure you kill all the flukes that hatch from the eggs after the initial dose. Prazi is hard to dissolve and the recommended way to dissolve it is with vodka, I'm just not sure if there is suppose to be some undissolved prazi left over after adding the vodka. I want to treat the display tank because I want to eliminate the flukes at the source, if I just treat the affected discus in a hospital tank they will be infected again when I put them back in the display tank which has already happened after I treated with PP in a quarantine tank.

Registered Member

Russ,

Could you do a couple PP treatment in the display tank and get rid of the flukes? One to kill the adults and a followup or two to kill the hatching eggs.

Ron

No, there's too much organic material in the display tank to treat with PP it would just turn brown quickly and I also don't want to kill the biological filtration.