ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Finally got my DIY 20G Sump the way I want it!

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Default Finally got my DIY 20G Sump the way I want it!

Revamped my sump and added an auto top off to keep the water level constant in the sump. Treated myself to an Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off for Father's Day gift. Now have things set up the way I want and pretty simple; K1 moving bed filter, Swiss Tropicials Poret (20PPI/30PPI), and Emperor Aquatics Smart-Lite 40W UV. Just do my 50% WC every two days=crystal clear water and very happy fish. Check this video: https://youtu.be/ccA4xykT03s

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Finally got my DIY 20G Sump the way I want it!

Nice! I bought a JBJ top off (which I still haven't picked up) but was eyeing the Tunze Osmolator. Got to love the name "Osmolator" right?!? lol. Good stuff. I plan on ordering Poret from ST soon, any recommendations? I was planning on running what you seem to be running, 20 and 30ppi

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Go with the 20/30 PPI, also would recommend the Tunze over the the JBJ ( had the JBJ before and always had some issues with it). BulkReefySupply.com has the Tunze on sale now, cost alot more, but worth it in the long run to doing the job. Also the Tunze comes with everything, pump, tubing, and all the connections needed to get it up and running out of the box.
    Last edited by farebox; 06-25-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by farebox View Post
    Go with the 20/30 PPI, also would recommend the Tunze over the the JBJ ( had the JBJ before and always had some issues with it). BulkReefySupply.com has the Tunze on sale now, cost alot more, but worth it in the long run to doing the job. Also the Tunze comes with everything, pump, tubing, and all the connections needed to get it up and running out of the box.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. Although I bought the JBJ one, I actually no longer have plans to use it. I made my return section so large that I'm not too worried about evaporation. I have ~13g in that section alone. Additionally, I have eaten up my real estate under the tank by making side panels for electronics. Thanks though. The Tunze gets super great reviews over on the SW side.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Looking good looks like your fish have grown well since your last video.