AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 125 updates

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Default 125 updates

Almost done with the rescape on my 125. Pulled all the gravel out replaced with sand and replanted. Here's a video and a few pics. I just ordered a piece of driftwood from manzinita-wood.com. I'll continue to update on this thread as the tank progresses. I took measurements on some of the fish as I moved them. I was surprised they were a bit bigger than I thought. The two checkerboard pix eons were around 5 1/8 the smallest fish was at 3 1/2
    http://youtu.be/rkgG2Cz48Wk
    Here's the wood I ordered

48B22C-A8AC-4424-94F8-B365472E79BC_zpshz9pixtf.png[/IMG]

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Default Re: 125 updates

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

This is the driftwood I ordered.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Nicely done, love the planted tank.
    Jorge Q

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Very good, I like the plants and your fish are pretty and healthy. Good luck with it!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Thanks guys. Hopefully be getting the driftwood soon. Placed my order a couple days ago have notheard back yet. Im going to be ordering two more discus this month. Going with adults this time to try and keep the aggression to a minimum. The sand is so much easier to keep clean than the gravel I had in there before. The light colored sand has made the tank so much brighter and the fish have brightened up quite a bit.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Actually got a break today and sat down and enjoyed my tank for a while. The fish are really liking the new scape their colors have really brightened up. Still waiting on the new driftwood. Thought it be here this week. Hopefully tomorrow or early next week. Probably be a couple weeks before its soaked and treated. I have two new additions arriving a week from tomorrow from Kenny.

Niiice Mgus! Defiitely post pics of your wood when you get it! (alright, guess that could be taken out of context...)
    -Elliot

Elliot
    Over 50 years in fish and it still feels brand new!! Woodduck

Yeah, I've got a few screws loose :P Seriously though, can't wait to see pics when you get the driftwood in!

Also, I thought you didn't have a background but it almost looks like you might. Is that right? Is it a weird reflection that I'm seeing or do you have a bed sheet or something on the back of the tank outside? Looking at your 2nd pic on first post of the thread. Only wondering because I'm playing around with different colored backgrounds. I have a black sheet on the back but it makes my fish dark (and yours really pop out which look great).
    -Elliot

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Niiice Mgus! Defiitely post pics of your wood when you get it! (alright, guess that could be taken out of context...)
    Haha that's great!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by pastry View Post
    Yeah, I've got a few screws loose :P Seriously though, can't wait to see pics when you get the driftwood in!

Also, I thought you didn't have a background but it almost looks like you might. Is that right? Is it a weird reflection that I'm seeing or do you have a bed sheet or something on the back of the tank outside? Looking at your 2nd pic on first post of the thread. Only wondering because I'm playing around with different colored backgrounds. I have a black sheet on the back but it makes my fish dark (and yours really pop out which look great).
    I bought a couple yards of fabric for a background. Couldn't make up my mind what I wanted. I've seen some nice looking 3d ones that go inside the tank but I didn't want to break the whole tank down to silicone it in. I feel the fabric looks decent it covers all of the plumbing and wires. Once the plants fill in and the driftwood is in I think it'll look good. Ordered the wood a week and a half ago it's coming from California ups ground hopefully it'll be here this week. I'm guessing it'll take a week or so to soak the wood. I'll update in a couple of weeks when I get the new fish and driftwood in there.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Forgot to say, I went with a light tan background. I have a lot of pigeon based fish and since I put the background on and replaced the dark gravel with pfs he fish have become much brighter and have lost almost all of their peppering

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Marc

Sooo ups lost my driftwood without a trace. Apparently it just vanished in thin air. Luckily manzinita wood .com is going to send me out a new piece. After dealing with that fed ex screwed up my order of fish and now they are gonna be spending an extra day in a box. Thankfully Kenny puts great care I to his packing. He assured me they should arrive in good shape. So frustrating!!! I just hope my fish sho up in good shape. Been looking forward to getting these for a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast